Windows 7 AOL Instant Messenger?

rayvis

Anyone been having problems with it?

I had been using it for a couple weeks with no problems at all, then all of a sudden a couple days ago, it quit working. By quitting, I mean that it starts, but when I hit sign in it gets to "Starting..." then it shuts down. I don't get any error or message telling me that it shut down, it just happens.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen recently.

I had been having problems with aol since the first time i used it with windows 7. I just supplemented it with an all in one instant message application called pidgin.

I haven't used the actual AIM program in a while, mainly due to the amount of ads they serve. Have you looked at Pidgin or Digsby?

I haven't used the actual AIM program in a while, mainly due to the amount of ads they serve. Have you looked at Pidgin or Digsby?
If all you want is AIM with no advertising, the download AIM-Pro at Link Removed - Invalid URL

That is a recommendation for non-beta Windows. :)

It seems to me that every iteration of AOL and AIM have all kinds of different problems with Windows7. Even if you think you've installed it correctly and it appears to start and text correctly, you'll suddenly find yourself with incoming IM noises and invisible text. :)

AOL has a lot of work to do before any of their clients are Windows7-fully functional.

Oh, and if you are using Pidgin with Windows 7-64 bit, go one version down.

2.4.3 works fine.

Last edited:
Back