Windows 10 Apps won't open and anniversary upgrade won't install

Nerdyguy

Hello, I have a problem with my Dell Inspiron N7110 with Windows 10 Pro x64. First of all, when I installed the anniversary update, the computer updated and restarted. But when it booted up, lines of script came on the screen that said that the watch dog service was starting up (or something like that), after which it froze until it was shut off. And now, after reverting back, whenever I click on a windows app, such as news or weather, a window briefly pops up and then disappears. I then made a second user to see if the same thing happened on the other account. In fact, what happened was much worse. I couldn't even open the start menu, much less open apps.

How do I fix the apps and the update?

P.S. Here is the link to my previous thread on the issue; it contains more information: Windows 10 - Apps won't open and anniversary upgrade won't install

It sounds like the update attempt may have corrupted Windows. I think your best course of action would be to backup any data you have and do a clean install of the anniversary build.

Back