Windows 10 Are Updates Transferable?

IIIUSER011

I have a copy of Windows 7 Pro that i want to upgrade to Windows 10 but before upgrading i was thinking about slipstreaming updates into Windows 7 using Win toolkit. Then installing Windows 7 Pro with included updates and upgrading to Windows 10 from there. The reason i say this is because i believed that upgrading to Windows 10 from a Windows 7 install that has all the relevant updates, general updates, hotfixes, security updates and so on, would somehow make the Windows 10 install more stable as a opposed to upgrading without any updates or doing a clean install of windows 10. So it would basically be install Windows, enter product key, upgrade.

so my question is
Are Windows 7 Pro updates transferable to an upgraded Windows 10 Pro install?

Thanks

Hi,
well windows 7 needs to be updated to at least Service pack 1 before the upgrade will work but they are not transferable to Windows 10 I'm afraid.

because i believed that upgrading to Windows 10 from a Windows 7 install that has all the relevant updates, general updates, hotfixes, security updates and so on, would somehow make the Windows 10 install more stable as a opposed to upgrading without any updates or doing a clean install of windows 10.

ime WX is not stable so far it has made no difference what updates are preloaded... only patches in a wsus will trasnfer so that's a no, sorry mate.

Back
Top Bottom