POLITICS Are We Ready for Aliens?

The Onus is on religion to prove it's account is factual, which it hasn't done. It all being superstitious nonsense that makes not one jot of sense. Nothing that religions mention has been peer reviewed. It's just stories passed down from one person to another. Unlike science which demands proof and the ability to be repeated under scientific and unbiased conditions
The only thing that your statement does, is to reinforce what I have already said about how it would be a waste of our time for me to attempt to change your mind.

Not change my mind but to prove I'm wrong. Is why I don't do religion as so far no one has proven anything to me.

Proving that you are wrong, and changing your mind are exactly the same thing...assuming that you are a logically minded person. As far as proving anything to you or anyone else, in terms of religious faith, is not the responsibility of any Christian individual or church. The onus for what a person believes is in their own hands.

The Onus is on religion to prove it's account is factual, which it hasn't done. It all being superstitious nonsense that makes not one jot of sense. Nothing that religions mention has been peer reviewed. It's just stories passed down from one person to another. Unlike science which demands proof and the ability to be repeated under scientific and unbiased conditions
In the Bible it states that , Jesus said.. "Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall.
So a merciful God could never concieve a hell or eternal damnation.:peace:

In the Bible it states that , Jesus said.. "Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall.
So a merciful God could never concieve a hell or eternal damnation.:peace:
Another example of one who doesn't believe what the Scriptures say, yet uses them (in a distorted fashion) as a basis for supporting their own beliefs...or disbeliefs. Irony upon irony.

Last edited:
Another example of one who doesn't believe what the Scriptures say, yet uses them (in a distorted fashion) as a basis for supporting their own beliefs...or disbeliefs. Irony upon irony.
It is the merciful nature of one who is all knowing. Being all knowing and the creator off all.
He might have foreseen the problems that would arise amidst his creation.
You cannot have it both ways. God is ether merciful and loving or he is some kind of megalomaniac.
Argue all you wish but a truth is a truth., love is all is it not ?
Shades of grey just will not do :peace:

Yes the anomolies are so obvious it is beholden to note them. :up:

However the anomalies that you behold are not the ones that I see. Still, if you are aware of what you consider anomalies, that also means that you have not totally ignored the Scriptures. That means that there may be hope for you yet, despite yourself.

Why is it religious people always turn the arguement around so we have to prove that the bible is nonsense. Maybe instead of telling us we can be saved by a mythical nonexistant deity. You Prove it's all real. As a kid I believed in Santa and the tooth fairy. But I grew up. Maybe humanity needs grow up and move away for ill thought out religions.

Why is it religious people always turn the arguement around so we have to prove that the bible is nonsense. Maybe instead of telling us we can be saved by a mythical nonexistant deity. You Prove it's all real. As a kid I believed in Santa and the tooth fairy. But I grew up. Maybe humanity needs grow up and move away for ill thought out religions.
Why is it that you feel compelled to refute something based on your own lack of understanding of it? Repeating the same demand...insisting that someone must prove their beliefs, doesn't make it any more necessary than it did the first time. Making denigrating statements about anything doesn't effect it's validity or invalidity.

So prove it's validity. One of us is wrong and I'd like you to try and prove that it's not you. Also I'm not demanding but requesting. May I ask which teachings you follow as theres so many.

The only person that can prove anything to you is yourself. The best that I could do is to offer some tips along the way. However any tips I might offer would be worthless, if not given at an appropriate time and sequence.

I would have hoped that the basis of my beliefs would have been obvious at this point, but since it isn't, let me say clearly, that it is of that in which you place so little stock...Christianity. If you were to ask of which denomination, I would say none, because a person's salvation is not determined by ritual, doctrine, etc., but only by faith. That is not to say that doctrine is not important. It is, because doctrine is merely the expression of thoughts, and it is thoughts that comprise faith.

Jesus is a personal savior. Salvation is not regulated by any Pope, priest, preacher, etc., but only by the grace of God, a grace earned by the sacrifice of The Lord, Jesus.

Since this post comes dangerously close to preaching, which is not my custom, I shall end it here.

That had ever been the problem
A belief is not something that someone proves. It is an acceptance that something exists or is true.
Truth should be self evident. Yet is sems it is only available to the believer. You accept it is true based on your own experience.
A feeling an empirical knowing.
We are told the true believer does not require evidence. Indeed it is a sin to look for it..
It is pointless to argue about such things as it is a never ending story.
There can be only one truth not shades and half truth. Love is all or it is not. No house divided can last.
Saved or not saved is not love. it is a very human thing , we are better then you.
We pity you but while you rot in hell we will be in heaven and basking in the glory.
Sorry but that is at no point love.
It is an exclusive club for those who are the chosen ones.
True love would argue for the fallen. True love could not feel easy while others suffered..
Maybe I am old fashioned and do not understand the depth of God's love.
I do not wish to be saved if it is to look upon suffering while I enjoy the good life in heaven.
The good times went on in the concentration camps while the rest suffered.
The guards had a great time.
Heaven and hell.
Pointless to argue any of the above. You have your empirical knowledge guiding the way.
If it brings you comfort then that is good. :halo:

Truth is self evident, to anyone that has the eyes to see, the ears to hear, the touch to feel, etc. It's not that evidence is lacking, but that we lack the perception to understand what nature is telling us. Why? For a variety of reasons, which differ from person to person. No one is totally without the ability to understand, but some have greater abilities and some less. You might think that those with greater intelligence would have a greater advantage, but that is not necessarily so. The reason for this often is because intelligence breeds vanity, and vanity resists conceding to the existence of an intelligence greater than itself. I think that it is for this reason that some of us aren't able to see much past the end of our noses, until something happens that brings us down off our high horses.

Back
Top Bottom