Windows 7 Asus AIbooster and Windows 7

LithianLord

First, i want to apologize if this is in the incorrect section.

I have recently upgraded to windows7 RC on my desktop and I love it. For everything and anything it works magic. The only problem I am having is Aibooster does not work with windows 7. Using booster, I was able to overclock my cpu to 2.9 ghz without problems. So far, I havn't been able to find a program like it or a working guide to overclock and my gaming seriously lacks without it.

So does anyone know of a working program with Windows 7 like Asus Aibooster or a guide that works? I really love 7 and bought it for the very reason of faster gaming, but my AMD 3800+ x2 64bit processor seriously lacks unless overclocked. Thanks in advance.

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.. ;)

Unfortunately by the sounds of it your going to have to upgrade your CPU if you want a big performance gain.. Programs like Aibooster can only push a CPU so far.. Especially AMD CPU's.. Don't get me wrong, I'm an AMD man and always have been but the first gen X2 proc's aren't that great at being pushed beyond their normal limits.. ;)

If upgrading your CPU isn't an option at this point in time, maybe you could think about overclocking other components like your GPU and RAM.. Just be careful though, overclocking is a great thing but if done the wrong way it can lead to disaster.. ;) Also, make sure your PSU is up for the challenge before you start tweaking too much.. :)

*I'm going to move this thread to the Windows 7 Support Section*

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.. ;)

Unfortunately by the sounds of it your going to have to upgrade your CPU if you want a big performance gain.. Programs like Aibooster can only push a CPU so far.. Especially AMD CPU's.. Don't get me wrong, I'm an AMD man and always have been but the first gen X2 proc's aren't that great at being pushed beyond their normal limits.. ;)

If upgrading your CPU isn't an option at this point in time, maybe you could think about overclocking other components like your GPU and RAM.. Just be careful though, overclocking is a great thing but if done the wrong way it can lead to disaster.. ;) Also, make sure your PSU is up for the challenge before you start tweaking too much.. :)

*I'm going to move this thread to the Windows 7 Support Section*

Exaclty what I was thinking, I got it to 2.2ghz. Unfortunatly, in the process my network card decided to break and now only wants to connect to wireless. i have absolutly no idea what playing with my cpu had to do with it, but right after it just....broke. Now I can only connect to my wireless network....through my wireless router? Today has just been one longer technical downpour.

All in all though, I think I will just buy a new processor after my next paycheck.

That sounds like the best plan.. AMD's new Phenom II CPU's are extremely affordable and a huge step forward compared to the X2's.. ;) I'd suggest getting something that's at least a 2.8GHZ or 3.0GHZ.. That way your already past where you had overclocked with your current CPU and you'll have a lot more headroom to overclock in the future.. :) Just make sure your mobo can support what you get.. I don't mean to sound like a smarta$$ but I've seen people rush out and buy a CPU not even thinking about compatibility..

Let me know what you end up getting and how it works out. If you need anymore help feel free to ask.. :)

Lol, I know people that have done that. No, I am well aware of what can and can't work with my system. Thanks for the heads up on that Phenom. :D

Back