Windows 8 ATi 4330 doesn't work

GameEs

Hello, I've got ntb HP dm3-1120 ec. It's running two graphics cards - ATi HD4330 and ATi HD3200. After installing windows 8, I'm unable to get running HD4330. It's running on 3200. I have installed latest catalyst for these graphics cards from AMD website but I just can't get working that 4330. Even if I disable HD3200, windows starts like there is no active graphics card. How can I solve this?

I'm running Windows 8 Pro (final)

edit. I don't need to switch cards.. If HD4330 will only work, that's fine

I am having similar problems. I updated my computer running windows 8 Pro to a newer better graphics card. I already noticed that under Win 8 my old card did not Perform as well. I don't know if Nvidia still needs to tweak the driver or msft needs to fix Windows. So now I have a card that is two steps up and even its not screaming fast like it should be. Windows 8 is not living up to the hype at this point.

Hello, I've got ntb HP dm3-1120 ec. It's running two graphics cards - ATi HD4330 and ATi HD3200. After installing windows 8, I'm unable to get running HD4330. It's running on 3200. I have installed latest catalyst for these graphics cards from AMD website but I just can't get working that 4330. Even if I disable HD3200, windows starts like there is no active graphics card. How can I solve this?

I'm running Windows 8 Pro (final)

edit. I don't need to switch cards.. If HD4330 will only work, that's fine

What did you upgrade to VegasGuy?

I went to a Nvidia GT 630. The 440 I had before performed well on Windows 7, I noticed after changing to 8 that the performance dropped doing the same things I did on 7. My gaming demands are not heavy. Like I said, I don't know if it's a Win 8 problem, Nvidia problem or what. I'd blame it on EA Games but nothing graphics based performs like it did.

Do you have FXAA turned on?

I tried FXAA on the older card it made my text look awlful. The problem I'm having is sluggish performance, programs that rely on the graphics card freezing and stuttering. It seems that once they axed Aero or however you spelled it, that the card would have to not work as hard rendering those pretty glass like borders. So I would have thought graphics performance would be even more increased. So is this FXAA a good thing or a bad thing to have on?

What it basically does is apply something like 4x Antialaising filtering over the whole screen after the image has been rendered which gives a (or can do) blurring effect around text.
Your issue however sounds like it's related to something else as 'most' users response to using win 8 for first time is how their graphics seemed improved somewhat.
What about the rest of your system? Is the bios fully updated and drivers the latest versions? How did you install Windows 8?

Well today after my old 9800 GT gave up the ghost, I stuck Win 7 back on this old computer. Sure enough the card that wouldn't work under windows 8 works like a dream in the same system. The 9800 is old, almost 5 years or so, the other is only a year or two old. Just can't believe a newer card wouldn't work but an old one did, go fig. So 39.95 down the drain, but these things happen. At least it turned out well.

Back