Windows 7 ATI x1200/Xpress1150 driver problem

zleyphox

Hi!
I've Win7 B7100 x32 (clean inst)
I've a ATI x1200 motherboard/intergrated graphic card (says the manual).
Windows doesn't recognise it.
I've tried installing Catalyst 9.4, 9,3, 9.2 and 9.1.
The only one finding my graphic card is the 9.1 and it installes a driver för Xpress1150.
Fine! But every now and then my monitor says theres no signal and turns black. The only thing left to is to hard reset the computer.
It seems that its depending of what I am doing on the computer. If a leave it, it will work properly. But if a start some programs it won't be long before it happens.

Thank you for your help.
/dL

It looks like you're experiencing issues with your ATI X1200 integrated graphics card on Windows 7 x32 Build 7100. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:

1. Driver Installation:
- Ensure that you have the correct driver version for your ATI X1200 integrated graphics card. Since Catalyst 9.1 was able to install a driver for Xpress1150, you might need to stick with that version for compatibility.
- Consider using compatibility mode when installing the driver. Right-click on the driver installer, go to Properties, Compatibility tab, and select an earlier version of Windows that the driver was designed for.

2. Driver Clean-Up:
- Before installing a new driver, especially if you switch versions frequently, make sure to clean up the existing driver installation completely. Tools like Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) can help with this.

3. Monitor Connection:
- Ensure that the monitor cables are securely connected to both the graphics card and the monitor.
- Check if the monitor is functioning correctly by testing it with another device.

4. System Stability:
- Monitor the system temperature to ensure that overheating is not causing the black screen issue. Tools like HWMonitor can help with this.
- Check for any other hardware issues that might be affecting the stability of your system.

5. System Performance:
- Check the system performance when the black screen issue occurs. It could be related to high CPU or memory usage causing the system to freeze.

6. Event Viewer:
- Check the Windows Event Viewer for any error messages or warnings that might give clues to the cause of the black screen issue.

7. Update Operating System:
- Windows 7 Build 7100 is quite old. Consider updating to a more recent version of Windows 7 or even upgrading to Windows 10 for better driver support.

By following these steps, you can hopefully diagnose and resolve the black screen issue with your ATI X1200 integrated graphics card on Windows 7. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you have any other questions!

Back