Windows 7 audio driver issues

pawnmaster

i have a gateway laptop model #mx7118 with conextant audio device. i installed win 7 and my drivers for audio do not work. went to gateways website and they do not have a vista/7 driver. i chatted with online support and that guy was the most incompetent person on the planet. if this was a desktop i would just install a pci soundcard. any help would be much appreciated. tia.

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums..

Did Windows 7 try to install an Audio Driver at all through Windows Updates when you first installed it? Usually Windows updates will pick up most drivers itself.. On that note, have you ran Windows Updates to make sure there isn't a driver just sitting there? Sometimes certain drivers will be listed under the "non-critical" or "optional" section and can easily be overlooked..

Also, I notice a lot of Gateway comps use the SigmaTel Audio driver.. Have you tried using one of those one's instead? I wouldn't normally recommend this but if all other efforts have been exhausted perhaps it would be worth a try? A driver can always be uninstalled if it doesn't work..

I'd definitely have a look in Windows Updates first though to make sure there isn't a proper driver in there..

Last edited:
have you tired to find it online? i saw many website provide audio drivers support. You just need to take a search ion Google. You may also visit your any nearest computer dealer that would be defenitely help you out. I hope this will help you

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Good Luck!

Last edited: