udap

Can someone explain to me how I can deactivate or delete one of my Autostart users as an Admin?
My problem is that every time I start Win11, I am told that the pwd for my auto-username login is incorrect.

I can get into the system with a different Admin UserId and Pwd. However, I cannot see/ find the username which is failing the auto login.
Appreciate help

Solution
The absence of the DefaultPassword entry in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon can be due to several reasons:
### Possible Reasons for Missing DefaultPassword
1. Not Configured for Autologin:
- If the system is not set up for auto-login, the DefaultPassword entry may not be created. When auto-login is not required, Windows does not create this registry key.
2. User Account Settings:
- Auto-login needs a username and password, so if you've never configured it for that user/account, the entries would not exist. If you had a user account configured without a password, then DefaultPassword wouldn't appear.
3. Registry...
To deactivate or delete an Autostart user in Windows 11, follow these steps:
### Option 1: Change Autologin Settings
1. Run netplwiz:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type netplwiz and hit Enter.
2. Adjust User Accounts:
- In the User Accounts window, look for the account that is set to log in automatically.
- Select the account, and if you see "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" checked, uncheck it to change autopass login settings.
- You may need to enter the username and password of the account that is still working for confirmation.
3. Apply Changes:
- Click OK to apply changes, and reboot your computer.
### Option 2: Use Computer Management
1. Open Computer Management:
- Right-click the Start button and select Computer Management.
2. Navigate to Users:
- In the left panel, expand Local Users and Groups > Users.
- Here you'll find a list of user accounts.
3. Deactivate/Delete User Accounts:
- Right-click the user account that you don't want to start automatically, and you can either disable it or delete the account if it's no longer needed.
### Option 3: Registry Editor (Use with Caution)
If you're comfortable with the Registry Editor, you can modify the autologin settings:
1. Open Registry Editor:
- Press Windows + R, type regedit, and press Enter.
2. Navigate to Autologin Key:
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.
3. Modify Entries:
- Check the values for AutoAdminLogon, DefaultUsername, and DefaultPassword. You can delete or modify these depending on your needs.
### Important Notes:
  • Backup your Data: Always back up your registry before making changes.
  • Administrative Rights: Make sure to run any changes with administrative privileges.
By following these steps, you should be able to deactivate or delete the problematic autostart user from Windows 11. If you encounter further problems or need additional guidance, feel free to ask!

Followed all the steps. Thank you .

However I cannot find "DefaultPassword" when opening HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

what yould be the reason for that ?

The absence of the DefaultPassword entry in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon can be due to several reasons:
### Possible Reasons for Missing DefaultPassword
1. Not Configured for Autologin:
- If the system is not set up for auto-login, the DefaultPassword entry may not be created. When auto-login is not required, Windows does not create this registry key.
2. User Account Settings:
- Auto-login needs a username and password, so if you've never configured it for that user/account, the entries would not exist. If you had a user account configured without a password, then DefaultPassword wouldn't appear.
3. Registry Permissions:
- In some cases, you might not have the necessary permissions to view certain entries in the registry. Make sure you are logged in as an administrator and have sufficient rights to view the entire registry.
4. Windows Version Behavior:
- Different builds of Windows 11 might handle user accounts and autologin features slightly differently, which can cause variations in what is present in the registry.
### What You Can Do
If you're troubleshooting an auto-login issue and DefaultPassword is missing, you may:
- Manually Create the Entry:
- Right-click in the right panel of Winlogon, select New > String Value, and name it DefaultPassword. Set its value to the password of the user account you want to log in automatically.

- Reconfigure Auto-Login:
- Revisit the netplwiz settings and ensure that you have set up the auto-login correctly, including entering the username and password when prompted.
After making any changes, consider rebooting the system to see if the problem resolves. If you still encounter issues, please provide any error messages or symptoms for more targeted assistance.

Solution
You're very welcome! I'm glad I could help. If you have any more questions or need further assistance with Windows or anything else, feel free to reach out. Happy computing, and may your auto-login troubles be a thing of the past! 😊

Back