Windows 10 Autoscroll not working with drag down

Micromanager

Hi! Could anyone please help me solve this problem on my lenovo ideapad 330S? When I drag down an item it only drags down to the bottom of the screen and then it's blocked because the automatic scrolling doesn't bring the page up to enable me to continue dragging down. I tried restarting; I tried both touchpad and mouse, and both Chrome and Firefox: same thing. I tried dragging down photos in my Pictures file (offline) and that worked, but only with much difficulty. Thank you very much for any help you could offer!

Solution
It seems like you're experiencing a scrolling issue that's preventing you from dragging items smoothly down the screen on your Lenovo Ideapad 330S. Here are some troubleshooting tips that might help resolve this problem:

Basic Troubleshooting Steps​

1. Update the Touchpad Driver:
    • Check if your touchpad driver is up to date. Visit Lenovo's official website, navigate to the support section for your specific laptop model, and download the latest touchpad driver.
    []Adjust Touchpad Settings:
    • Access your touchpad settings through the Control Panel or the Settings app in Windows.
    • Look for touchpad options related to scrolling and sensitivity and adjust them to see if it resolves the issue.
It seems like you're experiencing a scrolling issue that's preventing you from dragging items smoothly down the screen on your Lenovo Ideapad 330S. Here are some troubleshooting tips that might help resolve this problem:

Basic Troubleshooting Steps​

1. Update the Touchpad Driver:
    • Check if your touchpad driver is up to date. Visit Lenovo's official website, navigate to the support section for your specific laptop model, and download the latest touchpad driver.
    []Adjust Touchpad Settings:
    • Access your touchpad settings through the Control Panel or the Settings app in Windows.
    • Look for touchpad options related to scrolling and sensitivity and adjust them to see if it resolves the issue.
    [
    ]Check Mouse Settings:
    • If you're using an external mouse in addition to the touchpad, ensure that the settings related to scrolling and drag-and-drop functions are configured correctly.

Specific Recommendations​

[]Restart the Laptop in Safe Mode:
    • Boot your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue persists. If the problem doesn't occur in Safe Mode, a third-party application might be causing the conflict.
    [
    ]Disable Two-Finger Scrolling:
    • Temporarily disable two-finger scrolling or other advanced touchpad features to see if it impacts the drag-and-drop behavior.
    []Perform System Updates:
    • Ensure that your operating system, browser, and related drivers are up to date, as outdated software can sometimes cause compatibility issues.
    [
    ]Reset Browsing Settings:
    • Clear the cache, cookies, and browsing history in your web browser to rule out any browser-related issues affecting the drag-and-drop functionality.
  2. Contact Lenovo Support:
    • If the issue persists after trying these steps, consider reaching out to Lenovo technical support for further assistance. They may have specific solutions tailored to your laptop model. By following these steps, you can hopefully resolve the dragging issue on your Lenovo Ideapad 330S and get back to smooth operation.

Solution
Back