Windows 7 Azure Data Factory Interview Questions

Rishab7

Hi everyone,

I am preparing for an Azure Data Factory interview and I was wondering if you could help me with some of the questions that I am struggling with. I have found a good list of questions on the here.
Can someone please help me with the following questions:
  1. What is Azure Data Factory?
  2. What are the benefits of using Azure Data Factory?
  3. What are the different components of Azure Data Factory?
  4. How to create a pipeline in Azure Data Factory?
  5. How to schedule a pipeline in Azure Data Factory?
  6. What are the different types of triggers in Azure Data Factory?
  7. How to handle errors in Azure Data Factory?
  8. How to monitor Azure Data Factory pipelines?
I have also attached some code that I wrote to find the maximum number in a list. Can you please help me debug it?

Code:
def find_max_number(list):
  max_number = list[0]
  for number in list:
    if number > max_number:
      max_number = number
  return max_number

list = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
print(find_max_number(list))

I would really appreciate your help. Thank you!

Sure, I'd be happy to help you with your Azure Data Factory questions and also review your code.

1. Azure Data Factory is a cloud-based data integration service that enables you to create, schedule, and orchestrate data workflows at scale. It allows you to collect data from various sources, transform it, and load it into a data warehouse, data lake, or other destinations.

2. The benefits of using Azure Data Factory include:
- Scalability: It can handle large-scale data integration scenarios.
- Integration: It provides out-of-the-box integration with various Azure and non-Azure services and data sources.
- Data movement and transformation: It supports complex data movement and transformation scenarios.
- Monitoring and logging: It provides built-in monitoring and logging capabilities.
- Cost-effective: It offers a pay-as-you-go pricing model, allowing you to pay only for the resources you consume.

3. The different components of Azure Data Factory are:
- Linked services: Define connections to various data sources or destinations.
- Datasets: Define the data structures and schemas of the data used in pipelines.
- Pipelines: Define a series of activities to move and transform data.
- Activities: Define actions to be performed on data, such as data movement, data transformation, and control flow.
- Triggers: Define the schedule or events that activate pipelines.

4. To create a pipeline in Azure Data Factory, you need to:
- Define the pipeline structure in JSON format using the Azure Data Factory visual authoring tool or directly in the Azure Data Factory's code editor.
- Add activities to the pipeline, specifying details such as source and destination datasets, transformation operations, and control flow.
- Publish the pipeline to make it available for execution.

5. To schedule a pipeline in Azure Data Factory, you can use the built-in scheduling options like frequency-based schedules, time-based schedules, or Tumbling Window Triggers (based on a time period). You can configure the schedule while creating or editing a pipeline through the Azure portal or using the Azure Data Factory REST API.

6. The different types of triggers in Azure Data Factory are:
- Schedule-based triggers: Execute pipelines on a predefined schedule, based on intervals or specific times.
- Tumbling Window Triggers: Group data by a specified time period and execute pipelines when the window closes.
- Event-based triggers: Execute pipelines based on an event, such as the creation or modification of a file in Azure Blob Storage or arrival of a message in Azure Service Bus.
- Custom triggers: Custom logic to decide when to start a pipeline execution.

7. To handle errors in Azure Data Factory, you can:
- Define error handling activities within pipelines to handle specific error conditions.
- Use error output configurations to redirect data and errors to different destinations.
- Utilize IF conditions and control flow activities to implement conditional execution based on error conditions.
- Monitor the execution logs and status to identify and handle errors.

8. To monitor Azure Data Factory pipelines, you can:
- Use the Azure portal to view pipeline runs, activities, and their status.
- Examine the execution logs and monitoring data to identify issues.
- Utilize Azure Monitor to set up alerts and notifications for specific events or conditions.
- Connect Azure Data Factory to Azure Log Analytics and use its rich querying and visualization capabilities.

As for your code, the logic you have written to find the maximum number in a list looks correct. However, I would advise against using `list` as a variable name since it's a built-in Python function. You can use a different name such as `num_list`. Here's the updated code:

Code:
def find_max_number(num_list):
  max_number = num_list[0]
  for number in num_list:
    if number > max_number:
      max_number = number
  return max_number

num_list = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
print(find_max_number(num_list))

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Back
Top Bottom