Windows 7 B.S.O.D or NOT?

computernoob850

Ok i don't know if this is really a B.S.O.D or not.

My problem is that every time i play a full screen game like league of legends, my screen would first display big square blue dots spread around the whole screen then the whole screen would turn black also there would be no sound when this happens. It would then display the game i am playing like this whole thing didn't happen.

This would happen at random times while playing the game. Sometimes i have to reset my whole computer because it didn't go back to the game, it just gives me a black screen.

This thing only happens when i'm playing a game, never has happen while i am on the web or on any other program.

When i tab out after the blue screen i see it says something about my display driver has crashed and has recovered successfully.

Attachments

• My B.S.O.D.zip
    796.6 KB · Views: 380
This is usually one of the odd features of the new graphics drivers. It's most likely a STOP 0x117 error - which may not even show a BSOD.

Some things to try: Video TDR Timeout - 0x116 + 0x117 - Sysnative Forums

I'm late for work, so I didn't look at the reports. I'll try to remember to do it this evening. If you have time, please reply to the topic - that'll send an email notification to me to remind me to look at it.

This is usually one of the odd features of the new graphics drivers. It's most likely a STOP 0x117 error - which may not even show a BSOD.

Some things to try: Video TDR Timeout - 0x116 + 0x117 - Sysnative Forums

I'm late for work, so I didn't look at the reports. I'll try to remember to do it this evening. If you have time, please reply to the topic - that'll send an email notification to me to remind me to look at it.

ok i hope you can find whats wrong with it

Only 118 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 160 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

No memory dumps, or signs of BSOD's in the WER section of MSINFO32, but lot's of Live Kernel Events. And lot's of Live Kernel Events and errors in the nNidia drivers in the System log of Event Viewer. FYI - a Live Kernel Event is Windows saying that it shut down unexpectedly, but doesn't know why. This is most often a hardware problem (such as overheating).

1) I suggest that you continue with the suggestions that I made earlier.
2) I suggest that you monitor the temperatures of your system. You can use this free utility: HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools
3) Run these free hardware diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics

Only 118 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 160 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

No memory dumps, or signs of BSOD's in the WER section of MSINFO32, but lot's of Live Kernel Events. And lot's of Live Kernel Events and errors in the nNidia drivers in the System log of Event Viewer. FYI - a Live Kernel Event is Windows saying that it shut down unexpectedly, but doesn't know why. This is most often a hardware problem (such as overheating).

1) I suggest that you continue with the suggestions that I made earlier.
2) I suggest that you monitor the temperatures of your system. You can use this free utility: HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools
3) Run these free hardware diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics

hmm.. im kinda lost..
i have downloaded the hwinfo, checked on it, it says my thermonMon is ok
but the bar for core0-core3 keeps moving going up and back down is this normal?
it goes from 999 mhz to about 3500 mhz, does that mean my computer is overheating?

but the bar for core0-core3 keeps moving going up and back down is this normal?
it goes from 999 mhz to about 3500 mhz, does that mean my computer is overheating?
This means that there's a problem with the CPU speed changing - which may lead to overheating.

IMO this is most likely the source of your problems - but I have no clue about how to troubleshoot it.
I'd suggest posting over in the hardware forums for some more expert help: Windows 7 Hardware

If you don't mind, please post a link to the topic. I'd like to follow it and see what they do.

Thanks! I'm subscribed to it, so I'll read it as it develops.
Good luck!

Back