Windows 7 Backing up using Nero 10

Flupsie

When burning data for the second time or more when using Nero 10 ROM and selecting the multisession, no new data is added. I am using Windows 7 operating system.

It would be appreciated if someone would be able to assist me in resolving this problem

Sort of sounds like a Nero 10 problem. Have you tried to use one of the Windows 7 built-in backup or image backup utlities?

Nero has a forum and there is one called AfterDawn that has a Nero section.

Maybe someone here will have some experience with Nero.

Thankas for the reply. I will make use of Windows 7 Backup facility. Does it work well?

Hi!

I'm a very old Nero user and one thing I've found about using the Multi-session feature (this may be true of other programs as well) is that there is a max number of times that you can add another session. The disk can get really unstable and even unreadable by some drives.
I take a CD/DVD with me on my service calls, with all my Utility programs on it. I found out that RW and Multi-session disks were unreadable on many of my customers CD/DVD drives.

Nero has always been my favorite CD burning program, but it's become seriously bloated by all the add-on features. I've stopped at version 8 and I use only the "Nero Burning Rom" feature.

For HD backups, there are much better programs, like Ghost and Acronis True Image.
I still use the DOS version of Ghost (Ghost 11.5) for backing up my own HD, whether with XP or Win-7.
It will also back up Linux/Ubuntu.
I can boot it from a flash drive or CD. (the flash drive is the fastest)
Running your backup independent of Windows, like from a boot disk, has many advantages.

Good Luck,
Old Timer
PS: Sorry if I didn't answer your specific question.
I have not, nor will I ever, backup my PC, using the backup program in Windows.

Thanks for the reply and for the valuable information. This is much appreciated

I believe the Windows utilities will be better than any third party software. But some third parties, like Acronis do have options the Windows Backup utility does not when it comes to the configuration of your hard drive.

Both utilities will make a backup image of your drive and file backups, but the Windows one is free..:)

Back
Top Bottom