Windows 7 Batman Arkham Asylum Game of the Year-Can't get past launcher

amida

Hey,

I brought the game on Steam and was able to play before but I recently reinstalled the game and now I cannot get past the launcher. I get a message box saying assertion failed and something regarding shippingpc-bmgame.exe (see image).

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling Game for Windows Live and the game itself. I have also check the integrity of file. I have e-mailed Securom to see if the problem was on their end but it is not. I have also installed the game from a disc that I borrowed and the same problem occurs. I have tried doing a selective start-up and determine that the problem is cause by Windows service but not sure which one. I also know that Batman: Arkham City work fine.

This is the log on my event viewer:
Faulting application name: ShippingPC-BmGame.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4b5de0f4
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17651, time stamp: 0x4e211319
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x0000b9bc
Faulting process id: 0x1f58
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd6524bfc1fad1
Faulting application path: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\batman arkham asylum goty\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: fe709fd1-d117-11e1-a3f4-00248c3259d6

http://i.imgur.com/AmN2P.jpg

Computer Specs:
Windows 7 64-bit
6.00 GB RAM
Intel Core i7 CPU 920
Nvidia GeForce GTX 285

Any solutions? Thanks in advance.

Does turning off read-only for the Batman Arkham Asylum files and subfolders take care of the problem premantly or do you have to do it every single time?

Truthfully, I don't know. I found Amida's question and responses/answers at the Steam forums... and posted it here. You will have to ask Amida for the answers on this.

Back