Windows 7 Batman: Arkham Asylum

Has no one tried the demo? The game itself looks amazing and isn't a half bad demo. It's just a bit of a shame it's a 2GB download! In fact I'm gonna play it again right now.. Harley Quinn has to be seen and sexy too.....:cool:

What a great site! Watching that has made my mind up.. I'm gonna buy the game! I'm also going to post this link in the tv thread... Nice one Highwayman..:)

yea they have new video previews/review/and retro features updated hourly...absolute shedloads of trailers for all formats

Yes its a great site indeed, i check it several times a day. Cant wait for this game to be released for the pc (have played the demo so many times now and theres always new ways to take out the enemies etc) On the eidos forum it says 15th of september as date for the pc due to them wanting to optimize nvidia physX for the game.

I'm thinking of popping my 8800GTS 320 back in just to play this game... :D

Lol...not sure really but I've always been slightly suspicious of PhysX.. We've had flag waving in lots of games before the advent of PhysX and it doesn't seem to make the flag wave any better than before (or at least from what I can see anyway) :D

Lol...not sure really but I've always been slightly suspicious of PhysX.. We've had flag waving in lots of games before the advent of PhysX and it doesn't seem to make the flag wave any better than before (or at least from what I can see anyway) :D

Well of the games I've got SACRED2 & TWO WORLDS seem to use physx for just about every weather effect known....almost to the point of making visibility hard...lol...although most of the UT3 Engine games have it too they only seem to pump the rendering speeds up (R6 Vegas 2 was vastly faster after physx came out on GPUs) or make slightly better damage models, that said sometimes you have to run 2 rigs side by side to spot the differences.

Last edited:
Excellent! Thanks for that...Looks like the 8800 is definately going back in!

Glad i could be of help. The demo runs pretty good with physx normal settings, even with my old amd 64x2 4200 @ 2.45 GHz 2 gb ram, Gainward 8800 gt 512 mb.

thats noticably nicer, although bit of rag dolling and maybe physical damage like gaping wounds with flesh ripped off the bone etc would add more atmosphere too, as it stands most of its a nice bit of spit n polish rather than gameplay enhancing, though that breakable scenery is deffo the way to go.

Now if they can add in the dx11 tessalation....

Last edited:
Yes dx11 would be nice :) Awaiting the new dx11 cards from ati... Speaking of that, the delay of Colin Mcrae dirt 2 is because they want to optimize the game for dx11 and win 7. Cant wait for that game either lol its gonna be a nice end to 2009 for the gamers i think

To coin a phrase, the future certainly looks bright and like you guys, I can't wait to see what the new DirectX will look like in the raw.. Photo realistic gaming isn't that far away...

To coin a phrase, the future certainly looks bright and like you guys, I can't wait to see what the new DirectX will look like in the raw.. Photo realistic gaming isn't that far away...

or the flip side of that would be "The futures so bright....I gotta wear (Nvidia 3d) Shades..." lol

BTW I just popped the demo on and it runs fanstically, I was quite surprised given the physx mentioned Nvidia 260's as the reccomended base cards....the details are quite remarkable for DX9.

Last edited:
It does look good.. This is what I meant about games getting better and better.. It seems the devs are really getting to grips with the software and making full use of all the trickery available.. Mind you, it does help if you have one of todays uber cards too..:cool:

It does look good.. This is what I meant about games getting better and better.. It seems the devs are really getting to grips with the software and making full use of all the trickery available.. Mind you, it does help if you have one of todays uber cards too..:cool:

Indeed, I can't wait to purchase such a úber card around early january 2010

Well I would say that the really good cards started with the 8800's. They were awesome value for money and are still good mid range cards today.. As I've mentioned before I'm probably gonna wait until 2nd gen DX11 cards are out but then again reports are saying that the new cards will be 1.6 times faster than the card I already own so I may invest depending on final figures...

Back