Windows 7 BBC News On Windows 7

Rulerz

BBC News On Windows 7 (UPDATED) (hands on video)

The British Broadcasting Corporation, which is usually known more simply as the BBC, is a UK based broadcasting corporation and is the world's largest broadcasting corporation and is one of the most trusted news programe in the world and they also cover alot of news on windows 7.
About The BBC
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | TV and Radio | Fifty years of TV news

Here are links,videos and pictures of windows 7 that BBC news have released.

BBC NEWS | Science & Environment | A closer look at Windows 7

Latest Video
BBC NEWS | Technology | A hands-on preview of Windows 7

Last edited:
I'm very glad to see that Windows 7 is getting the exposure it deserves! :) Now if the MS haters would shut up for 5 seconds and actually give 7 a try before bashing it we'd be all set.. But I might as well wish for world peace... ;)

cant really blame ppls bashing ms, look at vista they brought out load of crap,

am beta teating win 7 now must say looking good, and no crashes or freeze up seams to be working very nood to say its
only beta build...

Possibly after the bad press and opposition to Vista, Microsoft had to bring out a new OS Beta that would try and win over the doubters. By releasing this beta to almost everyone who wished to try it, Microsoft have been clever by ensuring that the Windows 7 build has had very few bugs. This will do the future sales no harm at all and might persuade the numerous XP users that the time is right to upgrade.

When the press decides to get down on someone or something they have a feeding frenzy. They cite each others articles as "proof" of their position and just continue. The press, including BBC, don't want to report the news as much as they want to make the news. They decided early that Vista was bad and now, just as early, the Windows7 is okay. It's the nature of the beast. I put a lot more credibility on what I read on forums than on what I read in the press.

When the press decides to get down on someone or something they have a feeding frenzy. They cite each others articles as "proof" of their position and just continue. The press, including BBC, don't want to report the news as much as they want to make the news. They decided early that Vista was bad and now, just as early, the Windows7 is okay. It's the nature of the beast. I put a lot more credibility on what I read on forums than on what I read in the press.

Hi guy -- don't be so cynical -- I've been using computers probably long before you were even "thought of" much less born --I'm a working Pro photographer of over 60 years of age -- so been it, done it been there etc. Your post smacks of someone of a MUCH YOUNGER age group who might regard what they see on "Facebook" or "You Tube" as much more real than what is wriiten in the Press. This is just NOT TRUE when it comes to organisations like the BBC. In the West thank god we still HAVE a free press - even in the UK now we have incidents in a so called "Democratic country" of the Police being called in to raid Opposition MP's rooms in parliament of all places -- just imagine if the FBI marched into the White House without invitation. The Press does perform a useful function believe it or not.

In all the operating systems I've EVER used from Ms-DOs (and before with a 4Kb (not 4GB) computer where you had to load the hex code manually to even get it to boot Windows VISTA was the most "Doggy" resource hungry etc etc system that ever graced this planet and deserved the uiniversal contempt with which it was initially received -- M$ realized they had a "Dog" on their hands and apart from some necessary tweaking (Vista SP1) most people who had any choice rightfully stuck with XP if they didn't have to go to Vista.

Fortunately even huge corporatiions like most people when "Money is getting tighter" go back to their roots --and Windows 7 "Rockks". I think here even M$ learned by its mistakes.

In case you don't believe that I am a real Veteran of computing here's an image of how we used to get our data into a machine. Just be greateful we've moved on fromthose times..

Cheers

jimbo

Last edited:

am beta teating win 7 now must say looking good, and no crashes or freeze up seams to be working very nood to say its
only beta build...

I admit Windows Vista wasn't the best OS around when first released but Microsoft was able to redeem themselves a bit with it and I have to admit Vista is now a decent/useable OS. I still use it on 1 of my pc's and will continue even after windows 7 is out in final release.. as I'm sure others will as well. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Vista wasn't that great when it first came out BUT neither was Windows XP... ;) which some people seem to forget... It takes time to perfect an OS and XP had the upper hand there in comparison to Vista.. I bet if there was a 7 year gap in between Vista and Win 7 like there was with XP and Vista, than Vista would be just as good if not better than Windows 7 according to the general public... maybe not.. but maybe.. ;)

Gee, Jimbo, that's amazing. But, other than having a healthy ego, an inability to spell MS, a total inability to judge people, what was your point? I understand you know more than someone like me could ever know, that you disagree with the government commission that found the BBC biased, you think there's a free press, and that you don't like Vista so you decided that a majority of the users stuck with XP if they had a choice. I didn't even need the phrases in all caps to get that.

For the record, I stuck with MS-DOS until Windows 95. Then I pretty much upgraded as new OSs came along. In my opinion, Windows98 was pitiful. WindowsME was worse. Windows2K never had the support it needed. WindowsXP was, again my opinion, stable and a good OS. The biggest problem I had with Vista was a total lack of reasons to change. It did nothing I needed that XP didn't do. But, if you got Vista with a new computer it was fine to use.

Wow, you had punch cards? My Pet used a cassette drive. Oh, and you were still in high school when my son was born. I was 24 at the time.

Last edited:

only beta build...

As bad as Vista is, it's still got a FAR better user experience than Linux or OS/X! :p

I'm very glad to see that Windows 7 is getting the exposure it deserves! :) Now if the MS haters would shut up for 5 seconds and actually give 7 a try before bashing it we'd be all set.. But I might as well wish for world peace... ;)

Yeap your right.... There are already people running 7 on less than steller rigs only to say, its slow.. etc. i wish I could find the link to that editor who just like a typical hater, looks for thigns to bitch about.... yet, it must have been pulled....

But like radenight says, so ellequently and ill bump up a bit, is, haters "STFU", we dont want to hear it..Grow UP!!!

Jimbo, this is off topic, but I'm going to try to get it posted anyway. You really bring back old memories with the photo of the punch cards. I remember taking a stack of punch cards 4 to 6 inches tall to the University computer lab and go back a couple of days later to pick up the results only to find the program had failed due to a single wrong punch on a single card. I had to go back over the entire set of cards and try to find the guilty card and replace it then go through the same procedure again. I also remember the Wang cards that were pre-perforated so you punched out the appropriate slot with a wooden stick. I remember when "punch card entry" was a popular job that supplemented a lot of household incomes. Also provided all the spending money a lot of college students had. See, I'm 60something, too. I'm actually much closer to 70 than 60.

Now to the forum subject. To say that Windows 7 is a big improvement over Vista (even though it is): it is comparing 7 to nothing. The user experience needs to be compared with something like Windows 2000 to be a reasonable comparison. Everything from 2000 forward had been in a downward freefall from the previous system

Sorry, also off topic. I just feel that this particular topic has been washed and wrung out too many times, , even on this site.

Re Jimbo and john's posts, perhaps the Adminstrator should drop the "junior " member tag. It might be giving a wrong impression. There are several junior members, known to me personally, with an enormous computer background, and over the age of 60.

Back
Top Bottom