Bench your browser!

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Futuremark has released Link Removed - Invalid URL, a free benchmarking tool designed to compare the performance of various Internet browsers on your system. Note however that Peacekeeper does not measure the security, stability, functionality or W3C conformity of browsers.

Hmmm........................................Have you tried this Kemical????
Been sitting looking at the screen for the last 10 minutes and nothing seems to be happening.
Am I missing something here??????

Hi Bill,

yes I tried it although if your using IE 8 make sure you click the compatibility tab.

Funnily enough I'd signed in to post on this very subject..

I ran the benchmark, as you can see from my screen shot, but I'm a bit unsure about some of these results. I wonder if futuremark have been a little creative some how so that IE will be shown in the poorest possible way.
Don't get me wrong I don't think IE is best thing since sliced bread (my favourite browser would have to be Opera but i use IE out of ease) and there are some very good browsers out there to be had but this just smacks of nepotism.. I suppose the only way to find out for certain is to do the testing ourselves but finding the time ect....

What do you think?

Well I ran Firefox & Safari in turn as my default browser and I must confess the results were not what I would have expected.
Firefox came up as 466 and Safari as 1296. I can't say I noticed much difference between the two myself so I wonder how these figures are arrived at. Perhaps this is a marketing exercise for one of the lesser known browsers.!!

Thats exactly what I was thinking..

I think that this 'benchmark' is just a marketing device engineered to produce results which are favourable for their own products.

Or perhaps I'm just far too cynical and this is really a true representation.......

Well I ran Firefox & Safari in turn as my default browser and I must confess the results were not what I would have expected.
Firefox came up as 466 and Safari as 1296. I can't say I noticed much difference between the two myself so I wonder how these figures are arrived at. Perhaps this is a marketing exercise for one of the lesser known browsers.!!

Those results don't necessarily mean a difference that one can feel anytime offhand, they are somewhat similar to hardware benchmarks. :)

Back