Windows 7 best antivirus for windows 8

Tom5

Hey everyone, new here.

I know that Windows 8 has built-in anti-virus. I read a lot about this issue. The best recommendation was to install third-party anti-virus. What is most recommended?

You may be better off letting people know what you may be thinking of. I would stick with the built in for now.

I have been using the trial version of Avast Internet Security since 3 days after Windows 8 CP was released. It's a great AV/IS package, and being that Windows 8 is still a CP (really a beta), not even a RC yet, I felt the need for one of Avast IS's features. It's SafeZone browser.

The SafeZone browser (a modified version of Google Chrome) allows one to make safe online transactions, and bypass any keyloggers or other spyware/malware on the system. That one feature is what allowed me to use Windows 8 CP as my default OS, to learn it, and be ready when Windows 8 is RTM, and stay safe at the same time.

Tonight, I grabbed Avast IS, 3 PC's, 1 year for $29.99. Not a bad deal for what you get. I got the special code on Retail Me Not, saving me $40. It's the 4th link down, although it says "unpopular" coupons, it worked for me. The transaction was processed through Digital River.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I've disabled Windows Defender & added MBAM & SAS (both free versions), MBAM is in Trial mode now. As soon as Newegg runs it on sale again, I'll grab another for Win 8 CP.

Cat

Back
Top Bottom