Windows 7 Best Free Browsers 2009

Hmmmmmmmmm

Are they both freewaRe and what engine do they use (Firefox or IE)?

Lol, not every browser is based on FF or IE you know! Opera runs it's own engine, Presto. Flock is Mozilla-based but tweaked for Twitter usage and the like.

Strange original post I have to say. Two almost unconnected browsers and no mention of FF, Chrome/Chromium, Seamonkey, Epiphany, K-Meleon, Safari etc etc.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Aren't all browsers free?

No not all. Ironically, the most popular of them all, IE, requires a valid Windows license!

Windows: Downloads

You might need a licence to run a windows OS, which is, maybe the only OS in which you can use IE. But IE is a free download.

Last edited:
I Like To Post Lesser Known Browsers....

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Flock is a Mozilla/Gecko Core- It has integrated social bookmarking,blogging, media and webmail support. (Great for people who use Facebook,Flickr,Blogger,Magnolia, G-Mail)

I once tried opera and actually thought it was pretty good. I'm sure Davehc used to swear by it.. What put me off in the end was when I found out that the whole IE and Europe debate was down to 'Mr Opera' who had got his MEP to bring the subject up in the european parliment.. Mind you, we still got it in the end lol...:D

I think I aught to add that I'm not a total IE advocate but just thought the debate was pretty ridiculous..Why should MS have to remove a needed tool without getting Apple to remove their browser too and along with any other os's...

I ought to agree with you, kemical, the debate was in fact ridiculous, and this must be why Microsoft didn't remove it. I still can't believe Opera brought up that lousy argument.

I guess at the end of the day it all comes down to greed.. Although if i was mr Opera I'd still be pretty proud of the product as I think we both agree that it does have it's good points.. He should concentrate on making it better and then perhaps his market share will improve.. I mean thats all that Firefox and google do.. They are constantly bring out new updates where as the last opera update was ages (in fact eons ) ago....

I guess at the end of the day it all comes down to greed.. Although if i was mr Opera I'd still be pretty proud of the product as I think we both agree that it does have it's good points.. He should concentrate on making it better and then perhaps his market share will improve.. I mean thats all that Firefox and google do..

Yeah, I too think there was absolutely no need to act that way. And total consensus on what you see how they should do.

They are constantly bring out new updates where as the last opera update was ages (in fact eons ) ago....

I would disagree here, they are in fact issuing new versions, like 10.00, then 10.01, right now version 10.10 is getting ready. Or perhaps you mean no right updates requested by users ?

Back
Top Bottom