Best free Startup Manager and Uninstaller I use!

Rose Flower

The Startup Manager I like is HiBit Startup Manager it is the only one that does a lot of updates and alerts you in real time if something tries to run at startup!
They also have a great uninstaller called HiBit Uninstaller. You can right click a program you want to uninstall and press Uninstall with HiBit Uninstaller and it will run the program's original uninstaller and then clean up the extra bits. Plus it will clean Junk files built in! Please let me know what you think about them.

The built-in uninstaller works just fine and the main reason there is "extra bits" left over is configuration data in the event you re-install. It generally takes up very little space and has virtually no impact on the system. There are actually quite a few startup mechanisms and I have a feeling the HiBit start up manager only looks at a handful of them. Autoruns from SysInternals now owned by Microsoft is free and can show and even disable or delete many of them.

The built-in uninstaller works just fine and the main reason there is "extra bits" left over is configuration data in the event you re-install. It generally takes up very little space and has virtually no impact on the system. There are actually quite a few startup mechanisms and I have a feeling the HiBit start up manager only looks at a handful of them. Autoruns from SysInternals now owned by Microsoft is free and can show and even disable or delete many of them.
The built-in uninstaller does not uninstall the files in the registry and other places. There is also some programs that won't uninstall with the original l or the built-in uninstaller like Zone Alarm leaves a lot of extra bits! HiBit uses the original uninstaller like the built-in uninstaller does but it also sweeps the extra items up. And after you uninstall a lot of things and it is still in the registry and other places your computer will become slow if you are running on low ram of memory like me. And also HiBit Startup Manager alerts you in real time unlike Autoruns! Can you please download them and tell me how you like them?

Last edited:
The registry settings are the configuration and doesn't take up memory. The built-in uninstaller also uses the applications uninstaller. Most third party utilities are not that useful and in some cases can cause more problems than good. The only reason you may want to detect new start up items would be malware related as a persistent mechanism. End point protection software should be able to detect this behavior.

The registry settings are the configuration and doesn't take up memory. The built-in uninstaller also uses the applications uninstaller. Most third party utilities are not that useful and in some cases can cause more problems than good. The only reason you may want to detect new start up items would be malware related as a persistent mechanism. End point protection software should be able to detect this behavior.
There is more extra bits everywhere not just the registry! HiBit uses the applications uninstaller also, and it sweeps up the extra bits. And it will not cause any problems. And on some programs I use run at startup when I tell them not to so HiBit stops that not just malware! So End point only lets you know if it is malware not if its sneaks at startup. HiBit alerts you in real time if something sneaks at startup so it is very useful! Some people don't want this but for me I want to know imminently if something runs at startup.

You're free to use and believe what you like, but these types of programs are unnecessary. I also wouldn't trust software from Iran. That happens to be one of the top places for malware to originate from and also APT threat groups.

You're free to use and believe what you like, but these types of programs are unnecessary. I also wouldn't trust software from Iran. That happens to be one of the top places for malware to originate from and also APT threat groups.
I use it and it is completely safe. I have used several scans on them! :)

HiBit Uninstaller – It’s Not Just Another Uninstaller – Cloudeight InfoAve

Nemobeer, you said most 3rd party uninstallers aren't that good. I've been using Revo Uninstaller for quite some time, and it appears to be doing a good job. I've also used I0Bit uninstaller, and that seemed OK, too. What are your thoughts?

I didn't say not good I said unnecessary and on occasion mistakenly or allowed a user delete files which end up causing more harm. There was a time many years ago when hardware was at a premium and and they were of some use, but that time has long past.

Registry cleaning is really pointless. Generally all of the registry hives combined don't even exceed 500MB of space on disk, and cleaning the registry provides no performance boost as registry access is by direct path.

Uninstallers may potentially maintain a database of different software and can remove the registry values, left over data in user profiles and in the programdata directory. The storage saving from this is in the KB to low MBs in space savings. If they defrag after removal there would be a marginal performance boost on spinning disks since continuous reads are faster than non. This benefit doesn't exist on SSDs since there is moving parts to reduce performance.

Also 90% of these performance claims are so marginal that they shouldn't even be able to make the claim.

as: Neemobeer says.. What all these "cleaners" "uninstallers", "driverdownloaders" and "boosters" or "tuners" “hardeners” etc. does is to offer the: Comfort of PLACEBO!

They often only does the same that the built in functions does, but CLAIMS to do more and better..
And as already been told, when they do MORE, it´s likely to damage the system.. (There are often really good reasons as to why the built in functions DOES NOT DO certain things..)

And to be honest! IF these tools would actually work (as claimed), they would already be included in Windows, Wouldn’t they??

Figure out why they aren’t!

Hint! https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...cy-for-the-use-of-registry-cleaning-utilities

Registry Cleaners: Digital Snake Oil - Malwarebytes Labs

As far as I can tell, Revo Uninstaller has caused no damage to my system. I've used it many times removing programs I've experimented with and no doubt will continue using it. Same with iobit when I've used that program.:)

Back