Windows Vista Best Registry Cleaner For Vista

Ditto.....
grinning-smiley-003.gif
agree to that aswell CCleaner is a marvel as is an good defrag program between the two your machine should stay almost as fast as an new clean install

REVO will remove the Registry items for you.

[/QUOTE]whenever I have installed unknown software, and uninstalled it, I open the registry and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER - software and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - software, and manually delete any items which may have been left over from poor uninstalls.

Works for me.[/QUOTE]

I used to follow this exact procedure until I found Revo Uninstaller. Now I just let Revo do that for me. It also finds a lot of Windows Explorer remnants that have been left behind that I often do not know where to look to find all of them.

Hi,

There are many registry cleaners in the market which claim Vista compatible, however, almost all of them are NOT compatible with Vista and NOT Vista aware at all. Using such registry cleaners on Vista systems often corrupt your registry and cause more problems than they can fix.So you should always make sure that your registry software is certified to run on Vista.

whenever I have installed unknown software, and uninstalled it, I open the registry and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER - software and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - software, and manually delete any items which may have been left over from poor uninstalls.

Works for me.[/QUOTE]

I used to follow this exact procedure until I found Revo Uninstaller. Now I just let Revo do that for me. It also finds a lot of Windows Explorer remnants that have been left behind that I often do not know where to look to find all of them.[/QUOTE]

Appreciated, John. This is an old thread revived, but still valid, I guess. But you have extracted my quote out of context. My reasons for following the quoted procedure are still valid.

I have been using quit some registry "cleaning" programms such as Uniblue Power Suit, Registry Cleaner etc. My advice is: do not use any of these programms, in the end they only worsen your system. Should your computer become very slow or may not function properly anymore, please consider reinstalling Vista. Ofcourse you need to back up including email (.pst) and safequard your Microsoft Office CDs etc. I had serious problems with my computer. It costed me about $80 to let reinstall Vista, but my computer is like new!

Its up to you to want to use it or not. I have run it on my personal machines, and that's three of them and have had no problems whats so ever. When you delete programs and what nor these reg. files are still there and if you don't know what you are looking for its hard to find them and delete them .

--------------------------------------------------------------
Link Removed - Invalid URL

thank you, I am a new vista user so i imagine your forum will come in very handy.

glad you are here

Its very nice to see that u are choosy or I should say techie about using a registry cleaner. This type of utility are ofen associated with malware and scareware . So use a trusted one or else it may also result an inaccessible drive.

The likely hood that any registry cleaner will provide a benefit to system performance is unlikely - unless your PC is 50 years old and all you do is Install and then Uninstall programs all day.

Use a freeware one, definitely not worth paying for, regardless of features.

Eusing's Free Registry Cleaner is decent.

I started using wise registry cleaner on Win Vista and I am now using it on Win 7. Works fine for me. About every six months I go through and clean out the registry.

Back
Top Bottom