Windows 7 Best way to install 7 for me?

scajjr2

My PC had XP and Vista dual booting. When I decided to try the 7 RC I put it on a 2nd hard drive which gave me a triple boot option.

What I'd like to know is if I install the 7 retail over the Vista can I then import any programs/data from the drive that has the 7 RC on it afterwards or do I need to just back up what I need off the RC drive and reinstall programs after I get the retail 7 installed?
I do need to keep the XP partiton.

Sam

My PC had XP and Vista dual booting. When I decided to try the 7 RC I put it on a 2nd hard drive which gave me a triple boot option.

What I'd like to know is if I install the 7 retail over the Vista can I then import any programs/data from the drive that has the 7 RC on it afterwards or do I need to just back up what I need off the RC drive and reinstall programs after I get the retail 7 installed?
I do need to keep the XP partiton.

Sam
IMHO you are asking for trouble upgrading Vista to Win7 Retail. The internet is full of stories on the upgrade taking hours and going into continual reboots and even crashes. Why don't you upgrade your Win7 RC to Win7 Retail? There are plenty of posts on how you can do the latter.

Forget the upgrading.. do a clean install and make sure eveything is working .. then install programs.

Back
Top Bottom