Windows 7 Blu-ray Disc playback

catalin.novac

Hello to all,

1st I hope that this is the first thread of this kind.
My question: can I play Blu-ray disc without 3rd party sofware?
I have windows 7 beta1 installed and Blu-ray/DVD combo unit on my ACER laptop.

Any sugestions?

Without sounding like an ass... why don't you try it? lol.

I would be pleasantly surprised if it did, I have a Blu-ray drive in my HTPC so I will try it for you when I get home.

I've tried a couple of times...if I just right click on the blu-ray drive and click play, it opens the disc in WMP, but just sits there saying "loading". Of course I haven't waited longer than 15 - 20 secs before saying screw it and shutting it off. But, I'd wager that there is some unfinished bd playback implemented.

Well i tried playing just a mt2s file from a retail Underworld Evolution Blu-ray disc and
media player says it doesn't recognize the file type and it won't just play on it's own.

PowerDVD works fine so I know I can play it :)

Yeah PowerDVD is what I use normally ...more control, more options. Though I don't really watch blu-rays on my computer ...just there for ripping :)

I did not explain corectly.
Keep in mind that english is not my native language!

I tried with default install of windows 7. No luck. I thought there is an update or more info how to enable BluRay playback.
That was my question. 3dr party software I know it works.

My goal is to install only and absolutely only software that are not included in Windows7. Call me crazy but I have the impression that by doing so my sistem is more responsive and stable (my personal experience since win95)
Without sounding like an ass... why don't you try it? lol.

I would be pleasantly surprised if it did, I have a Blu-ray drive in my HTPC so I will try it for you when I get home.

Back