Windows 7 Blue Screen during install

kerloy

Downloaded the iso , burn it and tried installing, after the initial screen getting a blue screen

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
STOP 0x00000050 (0x87600000,0x00000001,0x8a8649D3,0X000000000
Intersting thing is that i tried the same in three different systems, 2 notebooks and a PC. All the systems where having xp as the default OS. Is it a problem with the installation media or something else!

Same problem

I have the same problem on my desktop and my laptop. I don´w know why becuase I just finished to install on my other laptop with the same DVD.
Anybody knows the solution for this issue???????:frown:

blue screen error when installing windows 7

yes i am getting the same error when trying to install windows 7 rc
the dreaded screen shows up just after i get the pretty first screen after booting to the disk. i thought it might have been the version i was trying to install (32bit) and so i switched to the 64 bit (amd 64 black edition 5000+) but no change
i have 2 dvd drives, 1 is a dvd/cdrw combo (ide) and the other is a full dvd/rw (sata) and tried both drives. as well i have 2 hdd (1 ide and 2 sata) and just tried loading to the sata drive only
native os is windows xp
i have burned numerous disks (dvd +r and -r) same issue everytime.
any ideas?

I, Too, Have this Problem

Trying to install 64 bit W7 RC release from a DVD-RW. I boot into the DVD, it goes thru the pretty animation of the flying flag parts, then to a blue screen (not the bsod yet) with a pretty pic on it, a mouse cursor appears (it can move), then... BAM: blue screen of death, same error data as posted above.

I tried:
1. Re-burning the DVD. (Followed the advice above and just erased the DVD not formatted.) I am using ImgBurn and it verified post-burn that all was well.
2. Re-downloading the iso image from Microsoft. Did a binary compare to the original one I downloaded. Binary equivalent.

My specs:
nVidia 790i ultra sli mobo
4g ddr3 1600 patriot viper epp memory
intel quad core cpu running @ 2.5ghz
2 nvidia 9800 gtx video cards (not in sli mode)
4 WD raptor drives in RAID0+1

I am running Vista Ultimate 64 bit but since I am booting onto the DVD I assume that doesn't matter. (My intent is to install W7 into an empty partition on the RAID.)

Anything else I can try?

One thing that confuses me is that I hear folks talking about downloading drivers for vista/xp to overcome compatibility issues. How would that impact a boot from DVD?

Solved it (for me)

Follow-up from my last post. After I posted that, I thought I would cross my fingers and begin eliminating pieces of hardware to see if any one specific thing was causing the problem.

I pulled on of my 2 memory modules out, no dice. Swapped one for the other in the same slot (dimm slot 0) no dice. Rewired my DVD drive from my JMicron sata controller to the nVidia sata controller (had an open slot) and... WORKED!

For some reason the DVD drive on the JMicron sata controller was not working, at least during the install. Now that I've gotten W7 installed and running, I rewired the DVD drive back to the JMicron SATA port and it all works fine (meaning that W7 is still operating and it sees the DVD drive).

I have no idea if this is going to be helpful to anyone else, but I hope so.

Good luck!

Thank you very much Scott. I had exactly the same issue. It's been fixed as soon as I plug my DVDROM to non-JMICRON SATA PORT.

Thanks again.

Follow-up from my last post. After I posted that, I thought I would cross my fingers and begin eliminating pieces of hardware to see if any one specific thing was causing the problem.

I pulled on of my 2 memory modules out, no dice. Swapped one for the other in the same slot (dimm slot 0) no dice. Rewired my DVD drive from my JMicron sata controller to the nVidia sata controller (had an open slot) and... WORKED!

For some reason the DVD drive on the JMicron sata controller was not working, at least during the install. Now that I've gotten W7 installed and running, I rewired the DVD drive back to the JMicron SATA port and it all works fine (meaning that W7 is still operating and it sees the DVD drive).

Good luck!

Dear scotthamilton77
I have a similar problem (Blue Screen error at the very beginning of the install) in a neighboring thread:
http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...nstallation-freezes-stop-error.html#post65083

However, I have my (IDE) DVD drive on an nVidia (nForce 4) controller already.
Should I try to boot from a SATA DVD from the Silicon Image 3114 controller on my board?

Does a SATA DVD generally help such cases?

I don't get it. Why is everybody wasting time with DVD's anyway ? Mount the ISO in a virtual drive and copy to a USB memory stick or extract the ISO to one. Much faster and more reliable than burning DVD's and much faster when installing. Unplug the USB as soon the install tells you it's going to reboot the first time. Should take at most 10 minutes.

good point

Booting from an USB stick is something that seems the next thing to try.

Why haven't I done it before?
Well, let's see the portable storage I have: 1 GB SD cards for photos, a 2GB DataTraveller stick (which is insufficient for storing the image) and a 160 GB Western Digital Passport, from which I would have to transfer lot's of stuff, to my hard drive which has far less empty storage space at the moment... bummer....moreover, the WD Passport has very low throughput, it takes more than two hours to copy all that stuff on it.....

That's why people haven't been immediately trying USB sticks.

(One more thing. My secondary school teacher's salary is $540 a month. Currently a 32 GB USB stick costs $125 and a 4GB USB stick costs $19. That's more than the money I can afford to live on for a day.)

:-(

Booting from an USB stick is something that seems the next thing to try.

Why haven't I done it before?
Well, let's see the portable storage I have: 1 GB SD cards for photos, a 2GB DataTraveller stick (which is insufficient for storing the image) and a 160 GB Western Digital Passport, from which I would have to transfer lot's of stuff, to my hard drive which has far less empty storage space at the moment... bummer....moreover, the WD Passport has very low throughput, it takes more than two hours to copy all that stuff on it.....

That's why people haven't been immediately trying USB sticks.

(One more thing. My secondary school teacher's salary is $540 a month. Currently a 32 GB USB stick costs $125 and a 4GB USB stick costs $19. That's more than the money I can afford to live on for a day.)

:-(

See it as an investment. You can "burn" it over a 100,000 times. After about 10 times it'll have payed itself back. The next 99.900 runs you will be saving money (and loads of time).

USB boot freezes too

I tried the boot from USB (I formatted the WD Passport).
It froze at exactly the same point as before.
Now I have proof that there is a software error in the Windows 7 installer, or my nForce 4 Ultra-based motherboard has one more bug proved.

Could a PCI card cause it (Creative SB128 sound, Intel Pro 100 network or Pinnacle 110i TV) ?

Any ideas?

Blue screen on install.

I know I'm quite late with this, but I've just completed a month of trial and error adjustments and found that the BSD with a message as follows " page fault in nonpaged area" is a memory problem. I just removed one chip and reseated the other two and it went away. Hope this helps someone. :eek:

Blue screen on install.

I know I'm quite late with this fix, but I just found out that a BSD with the message that reads " Page fault in nonpaged area" is a memory problem. Just reseat or add and subtract if you have extra memory and it goes away and you will be able to install normally. I just did it a few minutes ago . I had two sticks of 2gig crossfire memory and one stick of standard. I removed the one stick of standard and reseated (reversed) the other two and got good results. Hope this helps someone.

not the memory

Thanks for the suggestion.
I have mentioned in the original problem description (which is the first in this thread) that I ran Memtest86 and it completed successfully.
That means, my memory is OK.
Other ideas?
P

Blue screen and memory

Other than what I have already said, at this time I have no further avenues of approach, if I find anything that may help I'll pass it along .

Re: Solved it (for me)

Good luck!

Thank you for your post, it worked for me too.

Back