Windows 7 Blue Screen during W7 install followed by bootmgr missing message

rgtaylor25

Hi everyone - I recently completed my first PC build and attempted to clean install W7 Home Premium. My PC spec includes:

mobo - Sapphire AM2R3790GX
cpu - AMD Phenom II x4 940 3ghz
gfx - Sapphire HD4780 1gb GDDR5
ram - Corsair 4gb (2x2gb) DDR2 800ghz
hdd - Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB

I am a complete novice so please be gentle! After the POST (I got a single beep - is that OK?) I went into BIOS to set the time/date but did not do anything else (was there something else I should have done?). I planned to partition the hdd during the W7 installation.

On booting up the PC with the W7 (32bit version) disc inserted, the installation started. It loaded all its files and then during its next step (I can't remember what that was - is it expanding the files?) I then got the dreaded blue screen of death with the message Page Fault In Nonpaged Area as below:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

What could cause this and how do I fix it?

I then tried to re-boot the PC but very quickly I got a DOS message telling me that BOOTMGR was missing as below:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I have since tried to boot the PC with and without the W7 disc inserted but I get the same DOS message.

So, at the moment I can't get past this BOOTMGR problem let alone trying to fix the blue screen error! Arghhh! :confused:

Step-by-step idiots guide to fixing these problems would be most helpful.

All help gratefully received - thank you! :)

Last edited:
Turn the system off and unplug it. The reason you need to unplug is parts of the motherboard maintain power even though the system is shut down. Reseat all the memory to make sure it is secure. While you are in there, check and recheck your connections and CPU fans and anything you can think of. Once you are sure everything is correct, plug the power supply back in. If you want, you might unplug hard drive for initial tests, along with everything else you do not need to start up. Leave the case open so you can see the CPU fan to make sure it is spinning.

Does your Hard drive light blink or stay on steady?

Go into the bios and make sure the DVD drive is listed first as a boot device

Put in the Windows install DVD, or anything else that might boot, even a copy of Ubuntu live (I always keep a copy). If everything works to there, shutdown the system and plug the hard drive back in. Make sure the connections are good, but be careful because the SATA connectors can be fragile.

Try booting again back the the Windows Install DVD and start over.

Back
Top Bottom