Windows 7 blue screen earlier after opening firefox has happend before trying to work it out

Kao

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7a
BCP1: C05D1F48
BCP2: C0000010
BCP3: 663008C0
BCP4: BA3E9000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Hi Kao and Welcome to The Forum.

STOP 0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
Usual causes:
Memory, Paging file corruption, File system, Hard drive, Cabling, Virus infection, Improperly seated cards, BIOS, Bad motherboard, Missing Service Pack.

We really need to see the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

The .dmp files are located at C:\Windows\Minidump. Until a .dmp file is generated, the Minidump folder may not exist.

Go to your C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy the .dmp files to a new folder on your desktop. Zip up that folder and attach to a post.

Please see: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem Following Method 2:
Download
and run the SF Diagnostics Tool. Right click the SF Diag tool and select Run as Administrator before running. When the reports have been created, zip them up and attach to a post.

Download and run CPU-Z. Take screenshots**/snips of the CPU tab, Mainboard tab, Memory tab and all the slot #'s under the SPD tab.
Go to Post Reply, click on the Go Advanced button and attach the screenshots**/snips to your post for all the RAM experts to see by using the paper clip you will find on the top toolbar. Do not zip them up.
If screenshots, please crop.

Also see: http://windows7forums.com/blue-scre...lp-us-help-you-filling-your-system-specs.html

Hello and welcome to the forums.
You need to try again. A single dump with nothing else to go on is extremely limiting as to our ability to help.
First make sure your machine is configured properly to facilitate the collection of .dmp files.
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be found later
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.
Then:
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
DUMP:
Code:
KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
[COLOR=#b22222][U][B]The requested page of kernel data could not be read in.  Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error[/B][/U][/COLOR]. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.
Arguments:
Arg1: c05d1f48, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: c0000010, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 663008c0, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: ba3e9000, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)
Debugging Details:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000010 - The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7a_c0000010
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  SYSTEM
CURRENT_IRQL:  0
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from 82ee8e28 to 82f23ef4
STACK_TEXT:  
8ddb7a9c 82ee8e28 0000007a c05d1f48 c0000010 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
8ddb7b0c 82eec709 8ddb7b60 82faf280 8ddb7b80 nt!MiWaitForInPageComplete+0x302
8ddb7b9c 82ed596b 82faf280 ba3e9000 857a69e0 nt!MiIssueHardFault+0x3b3
8ddb7c20 82ea682d 00000000 ba3e9000 00000000 nt!MmAccessFault+0x2656
8ddb7c9c 8306cf52 85651800 85651800 85651828 nt!MiDeleteSegmentPages+0x80
8ddb7ccc 82ea6f04 85651800 00000000 00000000 nt!MiSegmentDelete+0xec
8ddb7d28 82ea7225 8558f020 00000000 00000000 nt!MiProcessDereferenceList+0xdb
8ddb7d50 8304dfda 00000000 a504dae9 00000000 nt!MiDereferenceSegmentThread+0xc5
8ddb7d90 82ef61f9 82ea715e 00000000 00000000 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x9e
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiThreadStartup+0x19
STACK_COMMAND:  kb
FOLLOWUP_IP: 
nt!MiWaitForInPageComplete+302
82ee8e28 cc              int     3
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  1
SYMBOL_NAME:  nt!MiWaitForInPageComplete+302
FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: nt
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  4ea76eb4
IMAGE_NAME:  memory_corruption
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x7a_c0000010_nt!MiWaitForInPageComplete+302
BUCKET_ID:  0x7a_c0000010_nt!MiWaitForInPageComplete+302
Followup: MachineOwner
Try the built in Check Disk utility and see what the log file it produces reports.
Click the StartOrb->All Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt (right click and choose Run as Administrator) and type
chkdsk C: /R
hit enter
answer yes "Y" to the prompt and reboot.
Good luck
Randy

well i dont know why your quoting method 2 to me AGAIN to do any of that , i tried to run chkdsk earlier that wont even run properly flashes a DOS screen up and disapears instantly i cant force the PC to crash as i dont know whats causing it that dump file was registered at the time of the crash have had none since and the ones before have been wiped by my process of trying to check for malicious files. firefox obviously isnt the issue as im now on that talking to you , i heard 7a codes are usually to do with hardware being loose etc , if that dump file doesnt tell you whats going on i doubt you can help me at all since your site insinuates that the dump files are the be all and end all of fixing the problem(or am i reading it all wrong ). any more comments pls? help appreciated im not trying to troll here.

Last edited:
well i dont know why your quoting method 2 to me AGAIN to do any of that ,
(a) Because, apart from your op telling us you have sp1 installed and it had a stop error 7A we know nothing about your system. Maybe the three monitors plugged in are over loading it???
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7a
BCP1: C05D1F48
BCP2: C0000010
BCP3: 663008C0
BCP4: BA3E9000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

i tried to run chkdsk earlier that wont even run properly flashes a DOS screen up and disapears instantly
(b) Damn! I knew I needed my psychic powers today!

i cant force the PC to crash as i dont know whats causing it that dump file was registered at the time of the crash have had none since and the ones before have been wiped by my process of trying to check for malicious files
(c) Maybe just explaining would have helped (see (b) above).

i heard 7a codes are usually to do with hardware being loose etc
(d) Could well be. A list of things that can cause stop error 7A. From most likely down to least, or is it the other way? What the heck, feel free to work your way through them in the order you see fit:
Memory,
Paging file corruption,
File system,
Hard drive,
Cabling,
Virus infection,
Improperly seated cards,
BIOS,
Bad motherboard,
Missing Service Pack.

if that dump file doesnt tell you whats going on i doubt you can help me at all since your site insinuates that the dump files are the be all and end all of fixing the problem(or am i reading it all wrong ).
(e) Yes.

any more comments pls? help appreciated im not trying to troll here.
(f) Love to but a bit busy scratching me nuts and tweaking my psychic powers helmet at the moment.

How long have you had this Asus notebook did you say?

Last edited:
well i dont know why your quoting method 2 to me AGAIN to do any of that , i tried to run chkdsk earlier that wont even run properly flashes a DOS screen up and disapears instantly i cant force the PC to crash as i dont know whats causing it that dump file was registered at the time of the crash have had none since and the ones before have been wiped by my process of trying to check for malicious files. firefox obviously isnt the issue as im now on that talking to you , i heard 7a codes are usually to do with hardware being loose etc , if that dump file doesnt tell you whats going on i doubt you can help me at all since your site insinuates that the dump files are the be all and end all of fixing the problem(or am i reading it all wrong ). any more comments pls? help appreciated im not trying to troll here.

The dmp files plus cpu-z and sf util are the be all and end all as they tell us what caused the bsod and your system specs. Being able to see memory settings etc makes it easier for us to diagnose issues and try and correct them.

ok ill do as asked , im not trying to be an arse and tbh i barely know what any of it means im just quoting stuff that im hoping helps from reading other posts i guess i just read it all wrong ill try the programs u've suggested if i can get them to run , as for elmers sarcastic post , im using one monitor and i could give my system specs but its not a notebook lol , i understand you might not have known that but i cant read this stuff sorry, also not sure but i assumed chkdsk would have kept a screen up for more than a split second after choosing to run the program that was all i meant. and when iread method 1 /method 2 i thought it was a try this or this not do all of these, again sorry

also elmer started by saying

STOP 0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
Usual causes:
Memory, Paging file corruption, File system, Hard drive, Cabling, Virus infection, Improperly seated cards, BIOS, Bad motherboard, Missing Service Pack.

We really need to see the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the , what were loaded, and what was responsible.

so i supplied the DMP file associated with the crash since that was allready enabled

Right , heres the files you asked for im not sure why some of the tabs on CPU-Z were blank but hoping you can tell me , also when i ran the prgogram it showed an error code i also put that error into the seven forums folder supplied with this post since i dont know what it means cheers guys

View attachment Seven Forums.zip

so i was hoping you guys would get back to me by now or shoud i start a new thread just with all the info at the start? lol

You need to run cpu-z and the sf tool as admin then nothing will be blank. The Cpu-z shots as some tabs are blank is fairly useless :(

erm ok thats weird, im pretty sure i did it in admin to start with thats why i was a bit worried. im used to having to run as admin to get stuff sorted so ill go try again godammit

ok try again , cheers for the help guys sorry im making such a hash of this

Attachments

• Seven forums.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 328
Back