Windows 7 blue screen memory management

codfish

Hi everyone,

I have been getting this blue screen when I try to play EVE. Now the blue screen says dumping memory and counts down. The only code that I could find on it was this ***stop: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0x00000001, 0x8cc4fbf8, 0x8cc48f4) and the only other tag was memory_management.

Now hear is the weird part I figured it was a memory problem so I started by taking out all the ram except one stick (I have 4 512 sticks) out and testing them each. The problem stopped when I only had one in so I put two in and the problem still stopped. So I tried 3 and the problem still went away but when I put the 4th on in the problem came back. I even tried putting them in different orders and it still dose not work. Thanks for any help :).

First of all are ya runnin 64 bit or not? What ram, and mobo do ya have and one more thing..have ya gone in to your bios and checked to see how you had the memory set up? If I set my memory management up for a 64 bit operating system it crashes all the time. BUT if I set it up for a 32, all is well.
confused-smiley-013.gif

I am running 32 bit. The ram is corsair DDR the mother board is ASUS a8n32-sli deluxe. I check the bios but I was not able to find any kind of memory set up or memory management.

I tried to use the program but every time that I reboot the comp looks at the CD and dose not boot off of it to run the program it then boots off of the hard drive. I have been extracting the file with winzip and burning it with roxio. any ideas and thanks again for all the help.

Hi Codfish,

Yup no problem, just change your boot order from HDD to CD. As I'm sure your aware you do this via your bios. If you need more help please refer to the link provided as there is a FAQ included with the guide. :)

For ease I've provided the link again here:
Tutorial: How to use Memtest - TechSpot OpenBoards

I had tried that and even went as far to make the CD the only drive to try to boot from and it dose not recognize the CD as a bootable disk. :( I read over the page and could not find any other answers to the problem. I even tried to put it on different disks but had no luck.

I had tried that and even went as far to make the CD the only drive to try to boot from and it dose not recognize the CD as a bootable disk. :( I read over the page and could not find any other answers to the problem. I even tried to put it on different disks but had no luck.

Lol@Fatboy

Hmm... have you tried using it in a floppy version? Also Vista has a memory diagnostic too. You could try using that with only one stick in at a time

I tried the widows memory test and all the sticks passed. I would try the floppy drive one but my floppy drive is not working. I was thinking besides gas and a little fire to fix this :D could it be a driver issue?

Thats definately worth a try! or as fatboy puts it....'What he said'

I am going to be busy for the next couple of days so it is going to be a little while before I can update my bios. I will up date you all when I get a chance.

Thanks again,

Hi everyone,

I have been getting this blue screen when I try to play EVE. Now the blue screen says dumping memory and counts down. The only code that I could find on it was this ***stop: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0x00000001, 0x8cc4fbf8, 0x8cc48f4) and the only other tag was memory_management.

Now hear is the weird part I figured it was a memory problem so I started by taking out all the ram except one stick (I have 4 512 sticks) out and testing them each. The problem stopped when I only had one in so I put two in and the problem still stopped. So I tried 3 and the problem still went away but when I put the 4th on in the problem came back. I even tried putting them in different orders and it still dose not work. Thanks for any help :).

Is this EVE the game or EVE the VSTi? If it is the latter, I found that after switching over to Vista (from a 16b bit to 32bit OS) that alot of my VSTi apps will not run properly in it.

Hi everyone, I installed a new bios and the problem is still there. The game is EVE online and every game has been having the same problem. Any other ideas?

I tried the widows memory test and all the sticks passed. I would try the floppy drive one but my floppy drive is not working. I was thinking besides gas and a little fire to fix this :D could it be a driver issue?

I was looking though your previous posts and it did strike me if you've tried different graphics drivers or not? If your 'blue screening' with every game then I'd definately try different drivers. You could also try patching Eve in case you haven't already done so or try their forum, find it here:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

I uninstalled my video drivers and then reinstalled them. The process took forever because for some reason the drivers did not want to complete the install every time. But now I got it to work and the game dose not crash right away like it used to. Now it takes anywhere from 15 min or less for it to crash EVE online has all its patches up to date and I am still looking through the forms to see if there is anything there. Just so you know I am running 2 nvidia 8800 gt cards. Also only some of my games do not work now and the others work.

Hmm....what temps are you runnin? Those cards run pretty warm so just have a check...or... Try playing with the side panel off and see if that helps. Just a hunch :)

I turned on my computer this morning and started to play EVE like you said with the cover open and it still crashed only this time it did it right away. I have been reading on the EVE forms that there has been problems with sound cards and the game. my sound card is a creative SB audigy 2 zs. thanks again for sticking with me on this problem :).

Hi Codfish,

your very welcome and hopefully we'll eventually get to the bottom of this 'mystery'! A Creative sound card you say... Hmm well they're well known for their awful drivers, have you seen my other post regarding Creative drivers?
If not here's the link:
http://winvistaforums.com/windows-vista-multimedia/12274-creative-drivers-vista.html
You'll see a link to some modded drivers and what this guy has done is turn those awful bits of software into useful drivers again. This is something I can testify to as I own a S/B Audigy (see sig) and after installing his set of drivers the worked just like it did in XP.
I'm not saying this is the answer but at least it'll be another 'grey' area ticked off.

Back