Windows 7 blue screen memory management

Thanks for all the help. I have gotten a response from ccp and they said they are looking into the problem. The good part is thanks to your help all of my other games are working great :D. If they come up with a answer to my problem I will post it hear for future people that have the same problem.

Hi Codfish,

well thats at least something..:) I hope you manage to get it sorted..:D

its not sli i have a 8800gtx single card and the same prob but only when playing company of heroes

Can you run 4 gigs of ram on a Vista 32bit version of windows? I cant install anything without the BSOD Memory Managment error.

I'm afraid not. You need to be running the 64bit version. 3GB is all you can cram in using the 32bit version...

hi, i have been having a problem, the blue screen "kill my computer" has appear.... anyways it goes into a memory dump *about 10 seconds* now i have read the forums and updated my drivers to the latest updates there are. i was wondering what else i could do, im not the most computer savy person fyi
thank you for any support :)

Hi kalestral,

could you supply more information on your set-up please and when the blue screens are happening...

Ta.....:)

sorry its been so long in the reply, but i thought it had been fixed.....downloaded new video driver and had installed webcam, and it went away, or so i thought.....

i have noticed that the blue screen of death most often pops up while playing wow, watching videos and using my webcam....

i hve wrote down some of things they say during the blue screen

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
BUGCODE_USBDRIVERS
Symndisv.sys

if it doesnt say that it most often says something about adaquate diskspace
video adaptors, shadow and cashing and bios. also mentiosn something abuot going into safemode to saftely remove or reinstall.

has been a cuople that reffers to a driver update, and antivirus

if there is anything else u would like to know, plz ask me and ill do everything i can to help.

fyi - windows vista home premium
3 GB ram
E4600 duo core
nvidia geforce 8600gs

thank you and i apologise that i have not responded sooner

Hmm.... from the error messages supplied (thankyou by the way) it might be worth checking your chipset/motherboard drivers are up to date..
Do you know the make and model of your motherboard?

i hope this helps, if its no the correct information, plz let me know how i can get it, and i will supply it

Acer aspire M5640 Intell(R)Core(TM) duo CRU E4600 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz 32.0 bit operating system

Bsod

Hello,
I´m having the same problems with a blue screen appearing now and then. I´ve reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate X64 several times (after completely cleaning my HD). Two days after the last install, the blue screen appeared again (I installed the drivers from the asus disk (including asus update) and downloaded the driver for the graphical card from xfxforce.com (version 197.45, 143.18MB), I also downloaded and installed AVG 9 free. I believe the blue screen appeared just after installing winzip x64 and trying to unpack some .rar files.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE
MB: Asus M4A87TD
memory: GeIL GV34GB1333C7DC (2x2GB) did memtest with both memories 'installed', this resulted in some errors appearing. Did memtest with each memory apart from each other and no errors appeared. Changed the memories from the light blue slots to the black slots.
graphical card: XFX GeForce GTS 250 1GB DDR3
HD: Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.C
Once the blue screen has appeared windows restarts and almost no program works normally (even internet explorer, mozilla, windows verkenner, etc. (sorry, can't come up with the translation))
Messages like this appear over and over again; this makes the PC unuseable (plain translation :p):
"Internet Eplorer doesn't work anymore.
You can search online for a solution."
option 1: "search online for a solution and close this program"
option 2: "close this program"

Thanks to anyone who can help me out with this problem(s)

Hey ff1904. Please try uninstalling AVG. In my experience, that is the number one cause of all bsod on Windows 7. More so of memory management errors. Please use the tool to remove it found here and then install MSE as a replacement and your machine should be well.

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

TorrentG, thank you for the suggestion. I will try uninstalling AVG (do I first have to uninstall AVG by the 'normal' procedure and after that use the tool ?) and install MSE. I'll let you know what the results will be. BTW, I see a lot of BSOD-messages in combination with Win7 if I search for this on google, but I haven't found one general clear solution for the problem... Hope mine is fixed by uninstalling AVG :)

I would uninstall it normally then use the tool. I've never had AVG installed before, so I can't say for sure which is best. We will have further things that are close to guaranteeing that your machine will be bsod free. At this point though like I said, uninstall AVG and the please tell us how it's going. Based on your response, we will move forward or celebrate lol. :)

Back
Top Bottom