Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death Cannot Reboot..

cailloup

Hi

I'm expriencing the exact same issue

blue screen everytime, safe mode included, and I could go into safe mode ONCE and now just blue screens!!

iastorv.sys seems to be the issue, I have the same blue screen than both of you
my computer is a dell m6500 with raid0 ...

I also tried system restore, system repair and everything failed too

Did you solve this!?

thanks!

Hello and Welcome !

I have created a new thread for you to avoid confusion. Could you elaborate you issue a little more. We'll see what we can do.

Hi Captain!

configuration: dell m6500 windows 7 pro 64 bits 2 hard drives in raid0 ati m7820

i installed a codec for windows media player which appeared to be a virus, then
I had this BSOD Link Removed due to 404 Error
iastorv.sys seemed to be the problem
the bsod was after the windows welcoming page and before desktop
it was the same for safe mode or other modes

I tried windows restore but I have this error: 0x800700b7
I tried windows starup repair but It does nothing
I tried to access my files from a live linux but I can't access the hard drives with slitaz or toutou ( I guess because of raid0 ) OR I have a graphic issue (I guess because of lack of graphics drivers) with ubuntu kunbuntu fedora or knoppix Link Removed due to 404 Error
I tried a veeerryyy long chkdsk /r and a quick chkdsk
I tried all bootrec things like fixboot
I tried to set the bios settings to default
I tried to set the bios settings for hard drive to ata or others but of course I have a black screen after bios because I need raid setting

BUT! since 2 hours ago, I have had a new bsod!
Link Removed due to 404 Error
And now it appears right after the windows loading page in black ( I can see windows logo)
I have it in all mode

I don't know what to do now :(
Thanks for reading

Hello,

Boot using the Windows 7 disk and Select Repair and Next and Select Command Prompt

image19.png

In command prompt type in

Code:
c:                           -> Hit enter 
cd Windows\System32\Drivers  -> Hit enter 
ren iastorv.sys iastorv.old  -> Hit enter 
exit                         -> Hit enter
Then reboot the System and login to Normal mode see if that works.

I don't have my win7 disk, but i can try while booting with F8 and then repair?

I'm also trying to follow this http://mintywhite.com/windows-7/7ma...e-windows-7-system-repair-usb-drive-netbooks/
But it seems that i cannot acces usb key from DOS because the computer I'm using right now uses XP...
So I downloaded a hp usb boot tol to create a bootable usb key but it seems not working :( "boot failed"

Some things I noticed:
iastorv.sys can be found in 3 locations
C:\Windows\system32\drivers
and
C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_iastorv.inf_31bf3856ad364e 35_6.1.7600.16385_none_0b06441fa1790136
and
C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ias torv.inf_amd64_neutral_18cccb83b34e1453

I downloaded another iastorv.sys file here but I don't know if it is good
iastorv.sys is linked to intel matrix storage, I downloaded the driver from dell for my computer but it's something that have to be installed, I cannot get only iastorv.sys file from it

now that I have a new BSOD, maybe there is another issue :s :s :(

Update: just tried what you said without win7 cd and still the same BSOD, with error 7B

Last edited:
This method is the same than the one I tried, with the same win7 repair file
So my probleme is that I don't see my usb key when I write "list disk" is DOS, it seems that it is because of win xp
how can I create a bootable usb key on win xp?

You try to install it back. Just rename the Driver from Command Prompt. Most of the users had success in renaming that Driver. If that didn't work i'm afraid you might need to restore your Windows from your recovery partition.

I finally managed to burn a win7 on a usb key with http://www.pendrivelinux.com/ and I can boot on it
I will try some stuff with the iastorv.sys files on the command prompt first even if the issue seems to be somewhere else and install a new win7 if nothing works :(

if you have some other ideas on how to solve Link Removed due to 404 Error from command prompt, don't hesitate!

Last edited:
I can't go into safe mode and startup repair is not working

i've just launched the installation of windows so if you have other ideas say it NOW !!!

Finally I installed a new windows, it never asks for a hard drive formatting, and I got all the previous windows files and data in a folder calls "windows.old"
My CPU-Z won't help, it was a virus obviously.

That was down to the option you've chosen.

You've done a repair install, but you've at least got all your stuff!!

At the install option Window, to do a clean install, i.e. format and wipe the disc and lose everything, then reinstall, you initially click on the upgrade option (I think I got that right? If not, correct me please. Its great when its been so long you can't remember!!).

Glad you found the causer.
Should it blue-screen again, check your RAM settings and attach the CPU-Z info.

Back