Windows 7 blue screen of death when installing win 7

danbgraysr

I am trying to install win 7 on my E-machine T3516a. It copy's windows files. Then screen says starting windows.
Then I get a blue screen with the error "*** STOP: 0x0000005c (0x0000010B,0x00000003,0x00000000,0x00000000)
I have spent 2 hours talking to win7 technical support with no luck.
My Emachine was upgraded to 1 gig ram, it is a celeron 3.2 ghz w/ 120 gig hard drive and on-board ati 128 meg video card.
It came w/windows xp preinstalled. Its says vista ready on the front of the machine,
but installing vista gives the same results (blue screen) I am using a factory (store bought) version of win 7 upgrade version 3 user licence.

Well,, what I can tell you is this... first and foremost,, it's an eMachine, yes that is an answer

Second,,, check with eMachine to see if you need a BIOS update.

Third,, if this also happens with Vista, then it is most likely a Hardware problem that eMachine will need to fix
This may be fixed by a BIOS update.

The problem with Vista Ready machines as that not all of them really were vista ready. They got Vista to boot on it and were granted the right to slap a sticker on it saying as much. but not really Vista Ready, I blame both MS and the OEM (eMachine in this case) for this fiasco.

My advice is contact eMachine for assistance, or slap XP back on it and buy a new PC (that is not an eMachine).

My advice is contact eMachine for assistance, or slap XP back on it and buy a new PC (that is not an eMachine).

... a hard pill to swallow... but after seeing several other people trying to get a machine to run win 7 I have to concur. Didn't they come with Win 98? Maybe just not enough mo jo.

Back
Top Bottom