Windows 7 Blue Screen Of Death

Xineohpinakc

I have installed Win 7 and today the updates service prompted me to reboot.
After rebooting I get a bluescreen of death and a prompt to repair. It goes through
the repair sequence for about 30 mins and gives me a warning that a patch has prevented
repair. The bluescreen pops in so fast I cannot read it.

7 Home Premium x64 OEM update with clean install.

I have to have something for work so hooking the drive up to my notebook (through usb) with xp to get some important documents off. Please help.

Last edited:
If you press F8 to goto the screen with safe mode on, you can tell it not to restart when it bluescreens. You should be able to see whats causing it then.

I tried doing this and it basically froze on the blue screen and warned that Windows wasn't started to prevent damage to the hardware! It also had stop and numbers that ran past the screen resolution.

Under the recovery thing it listed 1-9 and under number seven in the drop down menu it says the problem is badpatch

Boot off the dvd and goto repair and do a system restore to before apllying the updates. They should fix windows. You can then try the updating again.

Scratch all that. I know exactly the problem. I just shutdown and this MS update crashes the computer very hard with a Blue Screen. It barely was able to repair a 2nd time around and complained of badpatch.

KB976749 Update for internet explorer 8 for Windows 7 X64.

Last edited:
Back