Windows 7 Blue Screen Reference_by_Pointer while playing World of Warcraft

jjyykk

Attaching a zip file with everything requested and would appreciate some help. Blue Screen Viewer seems to point to raspptp.sys as the cause.

I never really had this problem but recently I have installed a new Logitech webcam and headset (have updated the drivers). Also a few days ago there was a power outage and my computer was just shut off unexpectedly which could have damaged some components?

This crash happens while playing World of Warcraft and doesn't seem to happen when I'm not playing that game.

Attachments

• jjyykk.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 520
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80004282ce5, fffff88003a20248, fffff88003a1faa0}

Probably caused by : AE3000w764.sys ( AE3000w764+988fc )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
you had two dump files, one, (Bugcheck 18) blamed the AMD gpu driver. The above means a system thread had an exception, causes for this can be drivers, out of date bios and memory access violation. Luckily the dump file is blaming AE3000w764.sys:

AE3000w764.sys Fri Mar 02 10:57:24 2012: Ralink 802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver. Is this something you've added to the system because checking your motherboard specification tells me you have a Realtek network solution. Let me know anyway and we'll see what we can do for a driver update.

As your other dump file flagged up the gpu driver try removing your existing driver using this application. The Display Driver Uninstaller will remove all traces of the driver as well as anything left behind by previous installs:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.7.3.1 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

The latest driver for your set up 'Crimson Edition' is here:
Desktop

Post any new dump files.

Thank you so much for your help! I installed about 150 Windows updates and hoped that would fix everything (also tested my memory and it was fine). Just crashed now so I just came to this thread again and will take your advice. I will run the Display Driver Uninstaller right now.

I'm not using a wireless adapter so maybe I should uninstall that. I'm using a direct cable internet right now. For what it's worth, the recent crash blamed ntoskrnl.exe. One of the dump files in that zip file was from 2015, a really long time ago and a different problem I think since I wasn't even playing WoW or remembering any crashes back then. I shouldn't have left it in.

Uploading the dump of the latest crash. I will get to work cleaning up the display drivers and hopefully that will fix the issue.

Attachments

• jjyykk2.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 398
I've also been fumbling around for a bit but I have no clue how to get rid of this
AE3000w764.sys Ralink driver file. It doesn't show up in my programs or in my Device Manager.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 18, {fffffa8006729730, fffffa800a62d850, 1, 1}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
well you'll be glad to hear that Railink driver is gone so whatever you removed did the job. Now looking through the above dump file i can see that the bsod occurred during WoW and as your network driver is quite old i wonder if this has something to do with your crash. Unfortunately the above bugcheck tells why it crashed but not what actually caused it apart from the fact it was a driver. Try updating these drivers:

Something I came across is this:
appdrv01.sys Tue May 27 13:34:07 2014: Starforce copy protection driver. I would also consider removing this as a test if the bsod continues or if you don't use it, remove it.

HECIx64.sys Mon Jul 02 23:14:58 2012: Intel engine management chipset driver. If you check your motherboard driver support page you will find later versions for all of your drivers. Please update them making sure the network driver is updated too:
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-B75M-D3H (rev. 1.1)

pfmfs_7DB.sys Tue Dec 11 18:44:43 2012: Pismo file mount extension please update if possible:
Pismo File Mount | Pismo Technic Inc.

Post any new dump files.

Back