Windows 7 Blue Screens and Game's Freeze

Ghazz

Hello,

I built my machine about a year ago. Off and on for the last year, I get random Blue screens. The problem is very inconsistent, but it persists. I could get a blue screen 3 times in one day and then not again for a week. It happens at random times, during games, clicking around web pages, reading email, it doesn't seem to be triggered by any particular action. Also games that I play crash very frequently. I play games such as Bad Company 2 and Just Cause 2. It seems laggy and then it just freezes. I can ctr+alt+delete out, choose task manager and then I can see that it says the game has stopped responding.

Another thing I have noticed, which I am not sure if it matters or not. Out of my 6gb of memory, eventually 3+GB of it will move to "Cached" in the task manager. I'm thinking this is because it's being used for all of my other programs and reserved there. I end up having pretty low Free memory, even after closing all of the programs. Could this be causing games to freeze?

I have not had a lot of time to work on the problem as I run my own business and am on it pretty much all of the time. I have reinstalled my video card drivers and in the past have even taken the CPU off to reapply thermal paste, thinking that maybe it was overheating, but to no avail.

You can grab my latest dump files Link Removed - Invalid URL.

My specifications are below, let me know if you need any more details.

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage II Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX

PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 965

GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-1280-AR GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16

RAM: 3x CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 2GB

HDD 1: Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000GLFS 300GB 10000 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31000340AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s

Thank you in advance for reading through this and helping me out.

Back
Top Bottom