Windows 8 Blue Screens, corrupted files and restart loops!

JonasDixon

So for the past year or so i have been having problems with my computer, blue screens, corrupted files etc. A couple of months ago my SSD crashed so i returned it and turned in my motherboard for testing. They said they found errors on the motherboard so i got a new SSD and motherboard and everything worked fine for a couple of months except for a couple of blue screens but nothing major until a couple of days ago when it started to blue screen 1-2 times a day and every time i started it it would go into a restart loop. To fix the loop i had to reset cmos.

So yesterday i decided to buy a new MSI motherboard and i did a clean re-installation of windows 8.1 pro and everything ran smooth until i downloaded CS GO from steam and got the message "update files corrupted". I then started driver verifier and every time i boot with it i get a blue screen almost immediately after windows has booted. It seems that every blue screen originates in ntoskrnl.exe. I tested my ram with memtest86 a while back and it came up with no errors.

I have no idea what the problem is and i'm starting to get very frustrated over the situation.

Any help would really be appreciated!

CS GO from steam

People still play this? Wow I feel old now.

I then started driver verifier

Whats that? Are we talking about the Msi tool or some online/ 3rd party job?

ntoskrnl.exe

Never a good sign... I would assume malware first, then old drivers since CS GO is Xp vintage and there was no such beast as Windows 10 or SSD back in that century

I would format the system back to basic and re-install the msi chipset drivers but thats me

Hi,
in order to help you best we really need to read the actual dump files created when the machine blue screens. If you read the thread found here:
How to ask for help with a BSOD Problem
You will see there's an app which helps in the data collection. If no dump files are present it probably means your settings are not set up to produce them, change your settings like thus:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

You will need to bsod again before a dump file is created.

Thread moved to correct section.

People still play this? Wow I feel old now.

Whats that? Are we talking about the Msi tool or some online/ 3rd party job?

Never a good sign... I would assume malware first, then old drivers since CS GO is Xp vintage and there was no such beast as Windows 10 or SSD back in that century

I would format the system back to basic and re-install the msi chipset drivers but thats me

I dont think we're talking about the same game, i mean counter strike global offensive. And driver verifier aka verifier is a windows tool.

Hi,
in order to help you best we really need to read the actual dump files created when the machine blue screens. If you read the thread found here:
How to ask for help with a BSOD Problem
You will see there's an app which helps in the data collection. If no dump files are present it probably means your settings are not set up to produce them, change your settings like thus:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

You will need to bsod again before a dump file is created.

Thread moved to correct section.

The thing is that i can see the .dmp files but when i try to upload them it says "error the file is empty".

Did you use the app to collect the data needed? This should be in the form of a zip file on the desktop. It's that we need uploading.

You could try going to the actual folder which contains the dump files. This is found in the main Windows folder and is marked 'Minidumps'. You'll need to zip the dump files up to upload them.

Ok i think i did it the right way. Unfortunately as i re-installed windows all of the other .dmp files where lost.

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    110.8 KB · Views: 375
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C4, {20003, fffff801db8d1250, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ndisrd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ndisrd.sys
Probably caused by : ndisrd.sys ( ndisrd+2716 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the bugcheck (all dump files were the same) simply means the verifier caught a driver trying to corrupt the system.

Please disable the verifier now that a driver has been found. We ask this because the verifier can stress some drivers to bsod when they wouldn't normally, so it's best not left running.

The probable cause ndisrd.sys belongs to the Mionet driver and is probably called 'Network genie'?

ndisrd.sys Wed Sep 14 11:18:41 2011: Mionet driver/Network Genie please either update or if not used remove:
MioNet| Your personal private network for PC remote access, webcam access software, backup, and file sharing

I also noticed your running the MSI Afterburner application. This has been known on occasion to cause bsod's so it's one to watch.

Your graphics driver is dated 2013 please update:
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Post any new dump files after the above changes.

Thanks for the help! The network genie program is an MSI program and i'll try to update it, and if i cant i'll uninstall it. I updated my graphics drivers so they should be up to date now. When I've done everything listed above should i turn on verifier again and see if it still blue screens on boot?

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C4, {20003, fffff801db8d1250, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ndisrd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ndisrd.sys
Probably caused by : ndisrd.sys ( ndisrd+2716 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the bugcheck (all dump files were the same) simply means the verifier caught a driver trying to corrupt the system.

Please disable the verifier now that a driver has been found. We ask this because the verifier can stress some drivers to bsod when they wouldn't normally, so it's best not left running.

The probable cause ndisrd.sys belongs to the Mionet driver and is probably called 'Network genie'?

ndisrd.sys Wed Sep 14 11:18:41 2011: Mionet driver/Network Genie please either update or if not used remove:
MioNet| Your personal private network for PC remote access, webcam access software, backup, and file sharing

I also noticed your running the MSI Afterburner application. This has been known on occasion to cause bsod's so it's one to watch.

Your graphics driver is dated 2013 please update:
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Post any new dump files after the above changes.

Ok, so i turned the verifier back on after i uninstalled network genie and it didn't blue screen on boot. So no i'll try to download CS GO again and see if it works.

Back
Top Bottom