Windows 7 Bluetooth Mouse Always Becomes Unpaired When Used On Alternate Laptops

Grahamers

Odd issue here:

I have two Win7 laptops and a Logitec bluetooth mouse. When I pair it to Laptop 1, it works fine as long as I don't ever connect it to Laptop 2. (On rare occasions it will become unrecognized even if I don't pair it with the other laptop. While that behavior may be related to the problem I am posting about, I have not found a way to reproduce that issue on demand.) If I pair the mouse with Laptop 2 and then return to Laptop 1, Laptop 1 no longer sees the mouse and I have to go through the long exercise of pairing the mouse to Laptop 1 again. Once I have done so, if I retrun to Laptop 2, laptop 2 no longer sees the mouse and I have to re-pair it to Laptop 2. So, basically, whenever i switch laptops, I have to pair my mouse. This gets very frustrating as I have to switch between laptops all the time. It is my understanding that this is not expected behavior. Am I mistaken? If I am right in expecting the mouse to remain paired to both laptops as I switch, does anyone have any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Many thanks!

Once paired with a second device the mouse becomes "unpaired" with the first and will always need to be paired again. There is no way to seamlessly swap back and forth I'm afraid. Only solution is to have a second mouse.

Back