Windows 7 Bootmgr and Boot Folder on partition...[How to change that...?]

ExTaCy

Hello there, my bootmgr and my Boot folder is on my partition where I use to save my files for a format...They are on F:/
How can I move them to C:/ (Primary System partition)? (BCDEDIT can do that?)
Will it be better to move them to C:/ or not?
what if I format C:/? they will still stay in F:/ and can't be deleted?
Thanks in regards:)

Your boot files are probably on an active partition. Just moving them will cause your system not to boot.

Please take a snipping tool picture of your Disk Management window and attach. I hate to make any recommendations unless I can see your situation.

16bdfo8.png

Sorry it's on Greek...

Εκκίνηση = Boot
Αρχείο Σελιδοποίησης = Pagefile.sys
Αποτύπωση σφαλμάτων = Presentation Error or something :/ (this is what I've got from translate...second word is error 100%, I dont know the first one in english...)
Πρωτεύον Διαμέρισμα = Primary partition
F:
Σύστημα = System
Ενεργό = Active

I've changed Active from F:/ to C:/..

now C:/ is the active..

Oops now "BOOTMGR is missing press control+alt+delete to restart :s"

Edit again after 1 minute: :p fixed it... Linux Ubuntu Live CD FTW <3 :razz:
What can I do now?

Last edited:
Boot into Win 7, open an administrative command prompt and type the following and hit enter after:

bcdboot C:\Windows /s C:

This will put the boot files on the C: partition. You should now be able to change the active partition to C: and boot.

Boot into Win 7, open an administrative command prompt and type the following and hit enter after:

bcdboot C:\Windows /s C:

This will put the boot files on the C: partition. You should now be able to change the active partition to C: and boot.

Thanks it worked! How can I delete the bootmgr and the Boot folder from F:/ now?
I can't delete them :/

If you really have to delete them, you need to take ownership and assign yourself full control. In the case of the folder, make sure you check the box about applying to all subfolders.

I did not try, but you also may be able to move them to the desktop or somewhere else and delete.

How can I do that? I tried properties to remove read only but I couldnt.
I couldnt add Permissions on this folder too :S

Check out the following, but basically you have to take ownership, then ok all the way back to the original folder, then select properties again and set full control.

Windows 7 Take Ownership & Grant Permissions to Access Files & Folder

I will check it later...
I have a big problem now...
I was following some guides to dual boot xp after windows 7...
I installed xp I am on XP now but I put my CD to restore 7 back but I cant I get error... :(
and only XP installation works, Windows 7 is gone how can I fix it?

I kinda fixed it with EasyBCD and now I only boot from Windows 7 as default... there is no bootloader...

24yqp9u.png

Thats the settings but there is no loader :(
how can I fix it? If you want more info ask me...

I Fixed it with some BCDEDIT Commands, EasyBCD couldnt help me thow :S
Code:
bcdedit /create {ntldr} /d \"Win XP\"
bcdedit /set {ntldr} device boot
bcdedit /set {ntldr} path \ntldr
bcdedit /displayorder {ntldr} /addlast

That was the commands that helped me :)

Last edited:
Back