Windows 10 BOSD Windows 10 Help wanted

Hi Kemikal,

I followed once more your guidelines and the small memory dump displays again 128 kB? I also run the chkdsk command as you suggested and you may guess the result: no errors on the c: drive. Maybe there is one thing that looks strange to me: after stating the chkdsk command in the command line almost immediately the report "the drive is healthy, no errors` appeared.
Did you receive a zipped error file.
Piet

Did you receive a zipped error file.
Hmm no nothing received here.

Also I just worked that 128kb is fine because of course your running in 32bit as opposed to 64bit.

Peter are you trying to upgrade to 64bit Windows 10? If so this isn't possible, you need to upgrade to 32bit Windows 10 first, get the free copy and then clean install using a 64bit version (you'll be able to use all of your RAM then too)

Hi Kemical,
On Saterday I sent you a zipped file named: Beheergebeurtenissen.zip
I am trying to upgrade my 32 bits Windows 7 Ultimate version, The Windows 7 64 bit version was installed on the second hard disk which I have removed a couple of days ago.
Piet

I am trying to upgrade my 32 bits Windows 7 Ultimate version
Hi Piet,
yes I did see the folder you mentioned. I could see that crash dump initialisation had failed although it doesn't say why.

How big is your pagefile?

Also i forgot to mention, it's easy done but are you sure you didn't download the 64bit upgrade by mistake?

Hi Kemikal,
My pagefile is 3,2 GB. I am quite sure I used the 32 bits version.
Is it possible that the Bios is causing this kind of problem? I now see that there is an update of the bios of this motherboard but I am cautious to flash the Bios with this update.

Is it possible that the Bios is causing this kind of problem?
Well at least one of your dump files has a possible cause of a bios incompatibility but if your unsure on how to flash the bios then do you have a techy friend or a local (cheap ) computer store?

I have flashed the Bios and after that I have tried to upgrade Windows 10. Without succes. During the upgrade process (after approx 5%) the BOSD appeared. A message appeared shortly with at least the words: page ... fault .... A difference with the other bleu screens is that I now found a dump file which I have attached.
Piet

Attachments

• 071416-18330-01.zip
    32.6 KB · Views: 234
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C4, {f6, 130, 87b57a28, bcebdede}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for UCORESYS.SYS
Probably caused by : UCORESYS.SYS ( UCORESYS+ede )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
this bugcheck means the driver verifier caught a driver which could possibly corrupt the system. It's a little odd to see this bugcheck during an upgrade attempt and I have to ask if you turned the verifier on?

The driver in question belongs to AMI Bios flash driver.

I suggest you turn the verifier off as it should not be running if your trying to upgrade. This guide will show you how, look under 'Step two':
Driver Verifier - Enable/disable - Windows 10 Forums

Once the verifier is off try the upgrade again. Post any new dump files.

I have disabled the verifier as you described. Again after completing 5% of the upgrade a blue screen now with the message:driver IRQL not less or equal (usbport.sys)
Unfotunately there is no dump file produced during this BOSD. In the Minidump directory only the file of yesterday is visible.
Piet

I have disabled the verifier as you described. Again after completing 5% of the upgrade a blue screen now with the message:driver IRQL not less or equal (usbport.sys)
Unfotunately there is no dump file produced during this BOSD. In the Minidump directory only the file of yesterday is visible.
Piet
I know you recently updated the drivers with Driver Booster?

See if applying the updates from your system support page makes a difference:
https://www.medion.com/gb/service/_lightbox/treiber.php?msn=10013819&prod=MEDION AKOYA X7352 D UK

I have applied all updates from Medion.Tried again to upgrade: same result: IRQL not less or equal (and nothing more). Tried also to upgrade from Windows 10 iso DVD. Same result: IRQL not less or equal (and nothing more).Both errors did not produce a minidump file.
I attached a zip file which may contain a dump file of the BOSD?
Piet

With a small programme named: DM Log Collector I made a zip file of the minidump of july 14. I attached this file also. Maybe this file gives more info than the one before?

Attachments

• 7B296FB0-376B-497e-B012-9C450E1B7327-5P-1.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 216
  • PIET32-PC-za_16-07-2016_204912,30.zip
    830.2 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C4, {f6, 130, 87b57a28, bcebdede}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for UCORESYS.SYS
Probably caused by : UCORESYS.SYS ( UCORESYS+ede )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
looks like the verifier is still running. Please turn it off as the above may simply be a false positive.

I notice your running Eset AV. Do you have this enabled when trying to upgrade? If so then please disable any Anti virus before upgrading to a new os. Also make sure nothing is plugged into the usb apart from k'board and mouse.

UCORESYS.SYS Mon Apr 21 04:19:01 2008: AMI BIOS Flash driver. Unless the system is blue screening all the time then no need to run the verifier.

See how you go and post back with any results.

Dear Kemikal,
I ran again step two of the verifier disableling advise. After "This selection deletes all drivers Verfier settings ..." a windows pops up with the message "No settings have been changed".suggesting Verifier was already disabled? Indeed I did not diable my ESET during the last upgrades. So I disabled all functions of ESET and tried again to upgrade. Guess what: no upgrade and what is even worse is the fact that now right at the beginning of the update (after the dowload and installing the files) the blue screen appeared with the same message: IRQL not less or equal (and nothing more). In all previous attempts the upgrade process went on till 5% before BOSD. No new minidump file either!
Piet

Can you just double check it's 32bit windows your trying to upgrade with and not 64bit, thanks. I know I asked before but you seemed a little unsure.

I upgrade from the small icon/Windows flag on the task bar! This should be the same version as the running Windows 7?

I found in a system log the following warning with a time stamp of today 10.06 pm:
Het stuurprogramma \Driver\WUDFRd kan niet worden geladen voor het apparaat WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_GENERIC&PROD_FLASH_HS-CF&REV_5.42#000026022601&0#.
I assume I do not need to translate what is written down here.

Later on I found a message with several fault buckets at time 10.12 pm which is very likely the time of the BOSD. I have made and added a zip file of this event log which unfortunatly is in the Dutch language.

Attachments

• Logboek BOSD 17 july.zip
    511.5 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
I did it. No positive result: bosd right at the beginning of the upgrade from the DVD. Do you think that a new Windows 7 installation and then an upgrade should work?

I guess it might do but do you even have access to Windows 10 drivers? I checked your support page and it appears not. I'm starting to think your machine simply isn't compatible.
There is a bios update you could try but i do not recommend you trying to do it yourself espcially if your unsure on how to do it.
Ask at the local computer shop.

The problem is solved!!!
After I tried so many different items and updates with a negative result I though that it possibly should be some hardware problem.
In my opinion my desktop should be compatible. It was also said by a Windows check for Windows 10.
I realised that I a couple of months ago I inserted two 4GB DDR mem RAM in this machine. Originally two 2 GB DDR RAM were present.
After removing these two 4 GB ram modules the upgrade went smoothly and succesfull!!!
Dear Kemikal (and others): I am very grateful for your support and appreciate your cooperation and the time you spent in helping me to solve my upgrade problems.

I realised that I a couple of months ago I inserted two 4GB DDR mem RAM in this machine. Originally two 2 GB DDR RAM were present.
Hehe, that's fantastic! Well done for remembering about the RAM and if any issues crop up again please post back and we'll see if we can help.
Best of luck with the new install .. :)

Back