I'm also fresh out of ideas. The best I can come up with is somehow based on the fact that the clock stopped a certain amount of time ago, he can use that as a reference in some way. I've got nothing, honestly. Haha
Ok I think I've got it. Let's say his clock stopped at 12. He doesn't notice it for a while but when he does, he puts new batteries in it or whatever to start it back up again. He then immediately walks over to his friend's place, where he sees the time is 3 oclock. He now knows that his clock stopped 3 hours ago (including his walking time) behind the real time. He then chats for an hour and as he leaves he sees that it is 4 oclock. When he gets home, his clock that he started when he left says (for example) 1:30. He knows that he spent an hour at his friend's place which leaves 30 minutes total walking time. He divides that by two to get the one way walking time, which in this case is 15 minutes. So he adds 15 minutes to 4 oclock and boom! sets his clock.
Now if that's not it I will be very disappointed because that took 15 minutes of puzzling to get my head around that lol.
Cogs were not at a halt, they were just grinding hard haha.
Well done beeitch - see you at the next Mensa meeting! The "structured solution I had ready in Notepad (and I'm not going to waste all the time i put into listing it!):
1. Before leaving his own house he starts his own clock and notes the time on it.
2. When arrives at his friends he notes the time on his friends clock.
3. When he leaves his friends he also notes the time on his friends clock so he then knows how long he stayed.
4. When he gets home he checks the total elapsed time according to his own clock.
5. He subtracts from this the time he actually stayed at his friends.
6. The difference will be the time taken to walk both there and back.
7. Dividing this by two tells hime how long it took to walk back from his friends house.
8. He adds this to the time noted when he left his friends house it tells hime what time it is now.
Eureka and QED!!!
Haha thanks but seriously, don't do anything like that again lol. It's too difficult!
Dam now I have to come up with something...
Fairly simple one (it's late ok?)
You are a bus driver. When you get to your first stop, 15 people get on. Second stop: 3 people get off, 18 get on. Third stop: 7 get off, 11 get on. Fourth stop: 4 get off, 19 get on. Fifth stop: 12 get off.
How many people are now on the bus?
Also, I'll be going to sleep now so I won't reply til tomorrow. Bye
patcooke, there is seriously something up, im posting it here since i cant post any where else on the site, some one posted about BSOD issue , i triedf to reply and got
kaos, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons: - Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? - If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
now if go to the home page i have no page options or anything, the only thing i can see is the community part, i dont see ANY forums