Windows 7 Broadband connection Error: 691

IzzI

Can you guys give me a little help ?!

I'm trying to figure this thing out... :confused:

I'm running Microsoft Windows 7 32Bit Build 6801 and Microsoft Windows Vista SP1...
The thing is, i can't get my W7 broadband connection to... uhm... connect

I'm using a big ISP from Romania, called RDS RCS and my motherboard's "NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet"

I've downloaded the latest drivers, from the Nvidia website, installed the CD drivers, i almost tried everything...

I've tried all authentication settings, checked check boxes, unchecked them, used them randomly, basicly i've tried every setting i could think of...

So please, help me :(

I've attached the snips...

Vista (Workin connection)

Link Removed due to 404 Error

W7 (ERROR 691)

Link Removed due to 404 Error

What is your current Network Setup? Do you connect through a modem, or a router directly into your computer? Have you tried disabling IPv6 and Link Layer Protocol and seen if that fixes the problem? Check the enable logging and please provide us with the log of what happens when you try to connect. Thanks!!!

Hmpf... in an effort to fix it, and to feed my curiosity even more, i just got my hands on the latest build "Windows 7 build 6956"

Thought that, that even might fix my connection, seems it can't... same problems as the earlier build, altough there is more eye-candy wich i love :p
I still can't connect to the damn internet...

I will make and post a diagnostics log later...
I used all settings, unchecked, checked all connections...
My ISP delivers my internet through a LAN cable from a router... i only know that i've been given a password and a username, needed to connect... i don't know more details...
I have the IpV6's disabled, same as in Vista...

I tryed goofing around with all settings, smart cards, no encryption, etc, etc, etc, but with no succes...

After i installed the latest build, ooo... say 2 hours ago, the first thing i did was to create the broadband connection with the default settings, it was a clean install, not an upgrade, so all the default settings where there, but, still i got the same error :<

Do you have another network card that you can put in your computer and check if that was the problem or if the problem lies in the computer configuration?

No, i don't have another network card, but how can that be the problem, when the current internet connection, the one i'm writing this post from is from the same card, same configuration... but from Vista SP1

The only think that is changed in broadband connection, is the new security tab, and i think that is the problem, because in Vista SP1 i have the automatic security setting, in windows 7 i have to hand pick the security details, and i choose each one of them, tried millions of combinations, still no connection,...

Loggin into W7 to make a log and take another screenshot...

:(

Btw: Thank you for your replies...

Sorry for the double post...
I can't edit attachments...

I've uploaded the Report in htm format

:(:(:(:(

The drivers for the card may not yet be valid for Windows 7. I would say stay with vista for the time being and wait until the manufacturer makes a driver for windows 7

This is just awsome...
Guess what...
I called my ISP, and told him, that i have an error, connecting to them, they told me they changed the usernames, to longer ones, and gave me the new username, the password was the same, LOL...

So i yelled, yey!

And went online on windows7, after fooling around in W7 for like 10-20 mins, i figured out that i wanted to watch a movie...

I booted VISTA... and i selected a movie, then i made some popcorn, and i remembered i disconnected the S-VIDEO from the tv, so i could plug in my Phone in the tv, to view some photos...

So i went in the back of my tv, and plugged the cable, right after i plugged it, the pc monitor went blank, and then restarted, this happend before, when i was doing the same thing... with my pc and tv both on...

So i thought it was just like the other times, the pc frooze then restared, because of a small electric shock or something (i figured)...

But SURPRISE !!!
After the bootscreen, a huge BSOD telling me that ''nvlddmkm.sys'' had an error, and went into a reboot-bsod-loop...

I thought, ok,
Last Known good configuration... That didn't work, so i went into safe-mode and uninstalled nVidia drivers, guess what it worked with the ''VGA'' windows default drivers...
But after trying to install the official drivers, or ANY drivers that would recognize my 8500GT insead of VGA compatible card, the nvlddmkm.sys BSOD popped up again...

I googled the ''nvlddmkm.sys'' done the stuff people said that worked for them...
So i tried the following...
Remove drivers, reinstall older drivers... FAILED
Install latest beta drivers... FAILED
Deleted nvlddmkm.sys from pc... FAILED
Deleted all nVidia related stuff from my pc... FAILED

I haven't use w7 this time, so i thought i boot up w7 to see if it's got the same problem, guess what... BSOD...
Then i formatted the w7 partition, installed xp pro, same thing, after installing official drivers i dind't get BSOD, but i got wierd textures on my screen, like when you get OVER-overclock your card... wierd artifacts and such...

So basicly... i've tried everything, and i think it's safe to say it is a HARDWARE related issue...
Or is it ?! I still have 5-6 months of warranty, so that shoulndn't be the problem, atm i'm running Vista Sp1 with base video drivers... :< no aero, no games, no nothing lawl...

Back
Top Bottom