Windows 7 Browse in same window option no longer available

wsudman

Having problems with and docx files opening within the browser. In XP you would just check the browse in same window option in folder options, file types. However this option no longer exists after XP. Is there a registry setting that controls this? I have seen this issue a couple of times and I have tried the following KB article steps, but the issue still persists.

Windows 7 Professional
IE8
Office 2010

How to configure Internet Explorer to open Office documents in the appropriate Office program instead of in Internet Explorer

Any help is appreciated.

i believe you are looking for file associations where if you open a mp3 file, it opens media player etc etfc

go to

start control panel

programs

default programs

set associations

in the list you will be able to find the .doc and click the icon , click change program and click word

hope this helps

Actually that is not what I am looking for at all. When attempting to launch a word document in internet explorer it opens outside of IE into Word. I need it to open inside of IE. The setting browse in same window used to control this functionality in XP....

Actually that is not what I am looking for at all. When attempting to launch a word document in internet explorer it opens outside of IE into Word. I need it to open inside of IE. The setting browse in same window used to control this functionality in XP....

Hello, I wonder if you ever found a solution to this problem. I also need the old "browse in same window" option.

Back