Windows 10 WiFi no longer available

Mimsy42

My WiFi on my laptop occasionally just drops out despite my phone working fine.
I found the issue to be in the change adaptor options where the WiFi was listed as disabled.
I reenabled it and it worked fine for a while but now has again disappeared again but this time when I click on change network adapter options nothing comes up and all my desktop items flash and disappear for a second before reappearing. Any explanations?

Hi Mimsy and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried updating the wifi driver?

The driver itself should be available from your laptops support page. If you post the make and model of your lappie we'll point you in the right direction.

The name of the WiFi connector is "Intel(R) Dual Band wireless-AC 3165"

The laptop model is "Inspiron 13-5378"
And thank you :)

Hi Mimsy,
This is the link for your driver page:
Support for Inspiron 13 5378 2-in-1 | Drivers & downloads | Dell UK

I simply looked network drivers using the drop down filters and arrowed the one most likely for your system:
wifi drivers.JPG

I've managed to install the updated drivers but the WiFi still shows the *symbal next to the three waves and no nextworks are available when clicking on the icon unfortunately

Open a command prompt and type netsh wlan show networks do you get a list of available networks?

Also open regedit navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkUxManager\Windows.Networking.UX.Internal.WlanMediaManager

Validate there is a property called Active of type REG_DWORD if it is set to 0, change it to 1 and see if you can see networks.

Back