Windows 7 BSoD after exiting Thief. Memory Management Error

imjustademo

I attached the zip folder for the diagnostics and I'll include the html file from rammon along with screenshots from cpuid..

Attachments

• W7F_29-04-2015.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 498
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {31, fffffa8006fc5d70, fffff880132d3000, fffff8a0053a229c}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+7171 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
Bugcheck 1A is often associated with faulty RAM as the bugchecks actual meaning is a severe memory management issue occurred. The actual type of memory management issue is 31:
The image relocation fix-up table or code stream has been corrupted. This is probably a hardware error.

You could try updating the Bios as I see you have updates pending and some are stability related:
BiosVersion = 1503
BiosReleaseDate = 01/11/2013
Latest Bios is 2501
http://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/M5A99FX_PRO_R20/HelpDesk_Download/

Windows does have it's own memory testing app but it can often miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. The latest version of which can be found here:
http://www.memtest.org/

To run Memtest86 you need to either burn a copy of it to disk or use a USB stick. If you look down the page you'll eventually find the latest version and it's associated downloads. If your burning to disk choose the pre-compiled iso zip. If your using a USB method then the corresponding download is the auto installer for a USB stick.
Once you have Memtest86 on the media you selected you'll then need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that the machine will boot from either the disk or stick you have Memtest86 on.
Run the test for at least 12hrs if possible unless it becomes clear that there is a issue. If there is a problem with the RAM you'll see the errors pop up in red so you can't miss them.

Post any new dump files

I downloaded the new bios but I get a .CAP file in the Rar. I'm not familiar with updating the bios so how can I turn that into a file I can use and or run to set up the new bios. I see with some it's as simple as installing a program.

Hello again. I updated my bios when I was on my lunch break so I'm now at version 2501. When I go to bed I'll run a memtest when I can. I gotta check out to make sure it doesn't kill all the space on my 32gig flash drive. When I ran a memtest before on a 4gig flash drive it left it with practically nothing after. You recommend running it for 12 hours. Should I run it and then go to sleep and see if there are any errors when I wake up?

Sounds good although I'd try testing the game first to see if you get another bsod unless you've already done so of course. Otherwise then yes 12hrs is best if you can do it.

Hey,
are you still getting bsod's? If not then don't worry about testing the RAM but if you are please post the dump files.
Just a word to the wise.. Sometimes it can be the case that Memtest86 will show no errors although this can be down to simply not running the app for long enough. Another way you could test is to run the machine just on one stick of RAM and see if the bsod appears. If it does then swap stick and test again. Do this until you have tested all sticks and you may find sticks which bsod and sticks which don't.

No I haven't had any bsod since then. I haven't plated thief since then either. But I'll run merest from 12 to when I get off work so it'll be well over 12 hours of testing. More so like 20.

After that bios update it seems like everything is slow to respond at startup. Steam and origin can't connect right away and some programs wont respond, even my desktop. After about 5 seconds it's fine though.

Hey,
see if you have a little bit of corruption within the os. Run an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

If you check the Task manager look at Start-up as you may have something starting up which isn't needed and is slowing the process down.

I just checked it and it seemed fine. Not sure what caused it to slow down earlier. Haven't changed anything after the bios.

Ok good.. Well see how you go and if the bsod returns post back. We never close threads so just post again if need be.. :)

Back