Windows 7 BSoD after exiting Thief. Memory Management Error

Hopefully. I might just add 8 more to my system before I do send it out. Don't really need it but hell it won't hurt to have it just in case I do end up using it.

Well I was out working on my truck and came back to see my computer was at the login screen. Bluescreened again when I was on my desktop. The old ram is still in there but I'm not sure what caused it this time though. I juuust got the new ram to put in and I'll send the old one off shortly. Gonna upload the logs to see if it was the same crap.

Attachments

• W7F_18-07-2015.zip
    2 MB · Views: 332
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {44, 2, 1, fffff8000343c47c}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for CMUACWO.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for CMUACWO.sys
Probably caused by : CMUACWO.sys ( CMUACWO+437d4 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hey,
looks like that C-media driver still isn't happy. This is what I wrote about the same dump file you received before:

it looks like CMUACWO.sys was the cause of the bsod and this relates to a C-Media USB audio device driver. The one your carrying is dated 2013 and a little googling found this 2014 version although I'm not 100% sure it's compatible:
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SO...io-DAC-Device-Driver-7013-for-Windows-7.shtml

Why not try updating it if possible?

Yea I tried when you told me about it but for some reason I get a file and no exe. I tried updating it manually through the device manager and selecting the file but had no luck

If there is an INF file in the driver download you can install it this way.
  • Open an elevated command prompt
  • type pnputil -i -a C:\PATHTOFILE\*.inf

There's no INF file :(
Actually there is. Download the file again, extract the contents using something like 7zip and you'll find the 'inf'. Use Device manager to update.
inf file.JPG

Did you try just selecting the Download folder and click Next, it should find the file it needs if it is available.

5a075a8ce5.png
Wont let me select the file to use for the update.
Try this:
Go to Device manager right click on device you want to update, click properties then update driver, click 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer', on the next revealed box look over to the right for 'Have Disk' click that, you'll then see a browse box appear asking you to browse to the location of the disk. You need to actually browse to the location of the 'inf' file. This browse box will or should only see the inf so once you have the right folder it'll pick it up straight away. Good luck!

Using my method above don't browse for a folder browse for the actual 'inf' file. Make sure you choose the file i highlighted or pointed to. Not any other folder.

Yea that's what I did at first and it worked out. I don't really know if it actually updated the driver properly. I had to restart and what not but it was basically an instant update.

You can
  • Open Device Manager
  • Right click device > Properties
  • Click on the Driver tab
  • Confirm the driver version and date

I believe the date corresponds to when the driver was signed, as opposed to when it gets published to the public on the manufacturers site.

Back