Windows 7 BSoD after exiting Thief. Memory Management Error

So far it's been fixed. I'm thinking it was acting up because I don't have any chipset drivers or usb drivers installed. Still haven't seen them on the site. But so far using the Toslink cable solved the problem. Unless of course it comes back up.

Hey Kemical, me again :). I was wondering. Somehow my OS is corrupt again(win10) and I was wondering how to repair. I don't have a win10 disc and used the free upgrade that was given out to everyone. What would be the right way about going with a repair? I don't know exactly what could of caused it. I noticed my all my drives were on a defrag schedule by default. I heard that you're not supposed to defrag an ssd. Could that possibly cause it or am I just overthinking it? Seems to happen alot with my computer, the corrupt files that is.

Well the link I gave you above will give you the latest version of Windows 10. I'm not sure what the creation tool gives you, probably the original win 10 version. If you install that you'll eventually get prompted to install the latest version of windows 10 anyway.

Hey. I'm running through the usb installation and it's telling me to mount the win10 iso and copy the files to the usb for the installation script. (Download the Windows 10 ISO file that matches the architecture and base language of Windows that you wish to use for installation. Retailers will want to download at minimum a 32bit and 64-bit Windows 10 ISO. Download the Upgrade Program Script ISO file that matches the language of the Windows 10 ISO file you will be using.) I don't see the iso in the techbench folder. Where would I find said iso/language?

It should be in the folder you downloaded. Probably your best bet is to create a new thread as these are not exactly bsod issues plus far more people will answer the thread.

Here is a screenshot of my win 10 iso's. The latest version of win 10 is on the left:
win 10.jpg

You can manually create a bootable usb installer.
  • Plug in your target USB drive
  • Open an elevated command prompt
  • Type diskpart
  • Type list disk and make note of the # for your usb
  • Type select disk #
  • Type clean
  • Type format fs=ntfs quick
  • Type create part primary
  • Type select part 1
  • Type active
  • Type exit
  • Now mount the ISO and copy everything to the USB
  • It should now be bootable

None of those are an ISO, but if you edit the Prepare-USBKey.cmd it might tell you the path.

Hey Kemical I haven't had any luck. I haven't been able to boot up and simply select a repair feature. I've tried a couple different ways. I just went and tried a simple route by using this http://wudt.codeplex.com/ even though it says for windows 7. The USB is set up and i can boot into it but it just asks me if I'm upgrading or doing a new installation. I recall with my windows disk it'd just ask if i wanted to re install or do a repair when I've done repairs with a win7 disk. I feel like I'm doing something wrong more so than what I think. Are there certain pages I should be looking at or a path of prompts I'm supposed to follow. I don't want to mess up and accidentally do a new install lmao.

I also had Techbench set up "http://puu.sh/mfYAI/13b1db2fbf.png So i have this all setup but I can't boot into it from start up. I can run the Techbench CMD but that didn't do anything for me unless I have to wait for a while." I pulled that from my other thread. I'm not familiar with techbench so I don't know how I would run a repair feature with it.

Lastly I skyped one of my friends who also had me try and set up a windows recovery drive with the USB through the windows 10 feature. That didn't help either. He guided me to try and use, I believe it was "DISM /refreshhealth online", which I don't think was gonna help.

I don't know man. I can build a computer and set it up and so simple things but there are somethings I just feel helpless with even though it should be simple :/

I haven't been able to boot up and simply select a repair feature.
Well technically with win 10 there isn't an actual 'Repair feature' but you can either, through the recovery console, use system restore or perform a Reset.

Well technically with win 10 there isn't an actual 'Repair feature' but you can either, through the recovery console, use system restore or perform a Reset.
So I re did a setup for a usb stick and slapped the ISO in there. When I boot it up I get to the menu screen where it ask if I want to do a fresh install or not. I click to proceed and say "yes" (which is hitting cancel), select the language and continue. There is a repair feature option in my case and when I select it I'm then redirected to select what option I want to repair from. I got "continue to win10, select a drive, etc." When I do select a drive it just kinda fades out, freezes up, then restarts to the post screen and starts up the process again. It won't actually go through with it and brings me back to the prompts to either repair or install a new win10.

I'd go with a clean install then but that's me. Why it's fading when your drive is selected I'm unsure. You probably need to choose the USB instead of a drive because thats where your install files are.

What about system restore?

Why not just do a clean install?

Last edited:
Back