Windows 7 BSoD after exiting Thief. Memory Management Error

You don't need to. The activation will be automatic. See my thread here for further info:
Windows 10 Activation explained..

Microsoft have changed the way Windows is activated. If you purchase a brand new copy of windows 10 and installed it on your drive you only need to activate it once. Same with the upgrade, it only needs activating once (which it did the first time you upgraded). Even if you do a clean install, as long as it's on the same machine you upgraded on then all activations after the first time become automatic. Your 'digital entitlement' is stored online at an 'activation database' so you can do a clean install and when it asks for the key simply click 'skip'. You'll find that Windows will activate at a later point.

Well for some reason when I tried the setup for usb it won't restart properly after setting up all the files. I go check in my bios and it doesn't recognize my SSD so it can't boot. Then when I select my SSD from the boot menu option it runs through th setup and still does the same thing. So tight now I'm using my win7 disk to reinstall my os. I formated the drive the first time I tried installing with usb. Dunno why I isn't working for me via USB.

Why don't you try putting the iso on disk if that seems to work?

Win7 won't even install to my ssd. I'm using one of my other drives now. I think i somehow switched the ssd to GPT. I'm not sure what it me but aren't mbt and GPT the same?

My main problem tho is that it doesn't recognize my SSD in the bios. It D when I select it in boot menu and in the win installation scree

My ssd a mbr and won't show in my bios :/ it was fine before I did anything to it. When I load up 7 i can access it just fine and Chang it to dynamic and basoc, create a new volume etc. I'm doing this from my phone btw

Alright Kemical I did it. I got it to work. I found out the problem. Every time I formatted my SSD in the win10 setup it would get rid of the boot priority in the BIOS for some reason. I would have to select it out of boot order every time win10 restarted during the setup. It was user error the whole time really. I mean of course it would be haha. Anyways thanks for the help, sorry for the spam. I just couldn't find help anywhere else. I just spent 7 hours troubleshooting it myself in several ways and finally found out why I was having troubles. Felt good to figure it out :p

Morning! I'm glad to see you got it figured out, good job! I hope you have some smooth running for a while at least.. :)

I got a question. I can't remember what Windows version I would of had reserved. I used to have win7 home premium. I just chose win10 home i think? Not pro. Was that the right one I was supposed to pick?

Whatever your original os was, either Home or Pro, then that's what you get in the upgrade. You get like for like. So if it was originally Home then that's what you need.

Thanks. I couldn't find it when I was searching about for what one I should pick so I just went with home.

Kemical, quick question. What can cause full system stutter? It happens anytime, nothing specific that I can notice. Everything cuts out when it happens. It's almost like if you had a CD in your car and you hit a bump on the road, it'll skip briefly. Audio, video, everything. I thought it might've been the OS but it still happens after I reinstalled and then I thought it might of been AMD's Crimson drivers. What hardware can cause such a thing? I've read it's possible that it can be a lot of command interrupts being sent to the CPU simply from keyboards, mice, speakers, etc. Have you heard or know anything about it at all? It could possibly be chrome? I have chrome open alllll the time.

It could be anything i guess although I'd check your cables and connections even changing them if need be.. Try using a different power outlet and see if the same still happens.

It could be anything i guess although I'd check your cables and connections even changing them if need be.. Try using a different power outlet and see if the same still happens.
Yea thought i'd have to do so. Right now I am using a UPS so I don't have to worry about the outlet.

Hey Kemical, I remember you mentioned the whole thing about windows 10 activation is done automatically for each machine. I was wondering, if I upgrade my motherboard and processor, do a clean install of win10, will I still get the same activation key? I believe you said it was tied to a machine but I'm not sure how. Anything I should think about or should know?

If your upgrade is tied to one machine only I'm afraid. A new motherboard is seen as a new computer so it will require a new key. You could however try installing Windows 10 and if the activation fails phone MS support and explain that you had to replace the motherboard. I've heard that in most cases you'll be given a new key.

Back
Top Bottom