Windows 7 BSOD after installing RAM 0x0000007e

paronomasia

a few months ago i bought a stick of ram from newegg and it worked perfectly, now i bought another stick that is exactly the same as the one i bought before and installed it. unfortunetly after installing it my computer got a BSOD and the exact error code is
0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005 0xfffff88004eab77b 0xfffff880033ae8d8 0xfffff880033ae140
i dont know what any of this means but i really hope i can fix it.
my computer is a windows 7 home premium 64 bit it had 8 gb or ram before 2x2gb stock and a 4gb ripjaws by gskill. after installing a second 4gb ripjaws (the exact same brand and type i know for a fact) it gave me a BSOD on startup. any ideas?

Hi paronomasia and Welcome to The Forum.

RAM is always best bought as a matched set. Same Manufacturer, Type, Model, Size, Batch, Timings, Etc. Is it on your Motherboards QVL list or is your Motherboard on the RAMs QVL list?
Download and install CPU-Z. Take screenshots/snips of the Memory tab and all the slot#'s under the SPD tab. Attach the images directly to a post for all the RAM experts to see.

Also:
We really need to see the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:
Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

The .dmp files are located at C:\Windows\Minidump. Until a .dmp file is generated, the Minidump folder may not exist.

Go to your C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Copy the .dmp files to a new folder on your desktop. Zip up that folder and attach to a post.

Please see: How to ask for help with a BSOD problem Following Method 2:
Download
and run the SF Diagnostics Tool. Right click the SF Diag tool and select Run as Administrator before running. When the reports have been created, zip them up and attach to a post.

STOP 0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Usual causes:
Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Breakpoint with no debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, Memory, 3rd party remote control.

As you can see, a 7E error gives a long list of possible causes

Back