Windows 7 BSOD after reinstalling Windows 7

The same result as admin. I'll read that page about drivers. I was looking into that earlier when I was searching for solutions before I did the windows reinstall.

I was able to install updated drivers from 2010 using the instuctions from the page you recommended but there doesn't seem to be a change. It has the same problem.

If your still getting bsod then please post the dump files Seventh.. Oh and Happy New year!

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff80026fbc899, 8, fffff80026fbc899, 2}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+448c6 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Seventh,
I'm starting to think you have a hardware issue and the above bugcheck is caused by hardware issues (usually RAM). I can see where you've applied the new graphics driver and installed SP1 so we have covered the software possibilities (as well as the SFC scan). Let's test a few components and see what comes up. To test the HDD run a chkdsk. This guide will show you how and please make sure you tick the boxes to ensure sectors are found and fixed:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

I'm not sure if this next test will run simply because of your set up and the fact it's an onboard gpu. If it does have any vram related to it then this app will test it:
http://mikelab.kiev.ua/index_en.php?page=PROGRAMS/vmt_en

You had two Dump files with the same Bugcheck as the above meaning invalid system memory was referenced. This could be down to either the memory or the data held within it being corrupt.
Windows does have it's own memory testing app but it can often miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. The latest version of which can be found here:
http://www.memtest.org/

To run Memtest86 you need to either burn a copy of it to disk or use a USB stick. If you look down the page you'll eventually find the latest version and it's associated downloads. If your burning to disk choose the pre-compiled iso zip. If your using a USB method then the corresponding download is the auto installer for a USB stick.
Once you have Memtest86 on the media you selected you'll then need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that the machine will boot from either the disk or stick you have Memtest86 on.
Run the test for at least 12hrs if possible unless it becomes clear that there is a issue. If there is a problem with the RAM you'll see the errors pop up in red so you can't miss them.

Hi, I ran the Memtest86 for 12 hours overnight. No errors found. I'm running the check disk now, I have done one recently and it was ok. I haven't tried the vram test. One thing I decided to try is I swapped a 1GB ram I had for the one in my laptop. It did apply aero theme after that but later crashed online, I think it was flash that caused it.

Is Flash up to date Seventh? Also this:
It did apply aero theme after that
So it did actually apply the Aero Theme? Have you tried popping the RAM back in and seeing if it will apply again? If it won't then it's possible it has something to do with the RAM stick... Possibly faulty? Even Memtest86 can miss errors and in the past I've helped users where their only course of action was to do the same as you and physically remove the RAM which then in turn fixed the error even though Memtest86 gave no errors..

I tried that, no change. That one time it did apply aero. Everything is up to date. I tried changing 3D graphics by sliding it to better performance but it crashed when applied. I tried removing the 1GB ram stick but no change.

I have a new problem, after swapping positions of the ram sticks I was able to enable aero, but then it crashed later. Now it keeps crashing as soon as it boots up. It boots with aero enabled then it crashes. Is there a way to disable aero in safe mode or something?

Ok I can answer my question. System Restore back to this morning. Now I'll try that test.

Hi Seventh,
it sounds like your onboard gpu isn't working as it should be. I did a little googling to see what your chip, a Intel GMA 4500M, would produce in Furmark bench test. Results range from 20-30 frames per second:
http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/furmark_192_score.php?id=149300

As yours fails to even run Furmark then something is very wrong. If it ran for a few moments and then stopped you could put it down to possible overheating but it sounds a little more terminal than that. Tell me why did you re-install Windows in the first place?

I re-installed windows because of the same problem. I couldn't do anything on it without crashing. This originally happened a year ago. I re-installed windows then too. I let it sit for almost a year and turned it on one day and it began working normally. I could run anything, I even had animated wallpaper. After about 6 weeks the crashes began again.
So I was on another forum and didn't get it solved and had given up. Then they banned me for having two accounts, but that was an accident when I changed my user name with their permission and the old user account wasn't deleted. It had been that way for years. So I decided to try this forum and see if there was anything more I could try. I don't think there is much more I can do now. As you said something is very wrong.
You've been very helpful and patient and I appreciate your help.

Back
Top Bottom