Windows 7 BSOD after reinstalling Windows 7

seventh

I reecently reinstalled windows 7 on an Acer laptop I've been getting BSOD whenever trying to apply aero theme. Everything else has been working. The pc could use aero when it was new. I've upload zip file from the W7F Diagnostic Tool. Thanks or any help you can give me.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {fffff80008ba2f00, 2, 1, fffff80002a90d41}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiTimerExpiration+81 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
of the two dump files sent, the first was caused by drivers not doing their job properly specifically making calls to the APC . The above can be caused by either drivers, faulty system service or bios. One thing I noticed straight away is that your missing Service Pack 1 which is critical for the operation and security of windows. This could be down to you simply re-installing and not applying the update yet but in any case you can download the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 iso here (you'll have to then burn it to disk):
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5842
If you encounter any issues installing SP1 then you might need to run the update readiness tool
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=3132

I would still run Windows update after installing the service pack as you'll be missing a fair few updates. This is one thing I do as soon as i re-install a new os. I first run Windows update then and only then apply any drivers. This ensures Windows is ready for smooth running and with general maintenance a long life.

As you probably know laptop drivers are supplied by the manufacturer although AMD, Intel and Nvidia do supply their own mobile drivers. Your machines support page is here:
http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Try running the Intel update utility and see if it updates your graphics for you:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Post any new dump files.

Code:

BugCheck 50, {ffffda801148d9f3, 1, fffff80002a5d68a, 7}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiOpDecode+3e )

This bugcheck can be caused by a faulty system service, out of date Bios, hardware and anti virus apps. Did you try any of the suggestions above?
Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
This tells me that your missing Service Pack 1 which is critical for the operation and security of windows. This could be down to you simply re-installing and not applying the update yet but in any case you can download the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 iso here (you'll have to then burn it to disk):
If you encounter any issues installing SP1 then you might need to run the update readiness tool

I would still run Windows update after installing the service pack as you'll be missing a fair few updates. This is one thing I do as soon as i re-install a new os. I first run Windows update then and only then apply any drivers. This ensures Windows is ready for smooth running and with general maintenance a long life.

We need you to complete the above because if the machine is still blue screening then we can go on to other things like testing RAM ect.

I did the windows update before my last post and it said it had windows service pack 1. I guess I'll have to follow the link and try downloading that. I couldn't update graphics driver before the windows reinstall and got this "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer."
I did not see any newer driver on the Acer website. But I can try again. I will post back here later.

Code:

BugCheck 50, {ffffda801148d9f3, 1, fffff80002a5d68a, 7}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiOpDecode+3e )

This bugcheck can be caused by a faulty system service, out of date Bios, hardware and anti virus apps. Did you try any of the suggestions above?
Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
This tells me that your missing Service Pack 1 which is critical for the operation and security of windows. This could be down to you simply re-installing and not applying the update yet but in any case you can download the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 iso here (you'll have to then burn it to disk):

We need you to complete the above because if the machine is still blue screening then we can go on to other things like testing RAM ect.

A couple of things you could try:

Make sure you have enough space in the HDD

Find command prompt in the start menu, right click on it and run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Try running the service pack by right clicking on it and running as administrator. If it won't run then please check your event log and post any related errors including error code.

It has 260GB of free space. I ran the sfc/scannow, no problem found. I did run the service pack as administrator. It keeeps saying
"Installation was not successful. Windows Service Pack can not procede until you restart your computer. Please restart your computer now and try again." Trying again gets the same result. This is "windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe" that I downloaded from your link. The readiness tool update says "This update is not applicable to your computer."

Attachments

• W7F_28-12-2014.zip
    420.3 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
This is "windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe" that I downloaded from your link.
The link i posted doesn't contain an 'exe' file. It contains an iso file which you have to burn to disk:
sp1_zpsae348ab1.jpg

I would also try the readiness Tool again if the above fails. It isn't a standalone installer (?) it's updates which may or may not be needed to continue with the SP1 install.

Sorry I got that wrong. The exe was one of the options after clicking the download button. It's in the same list shown in your last post. I didn't know it had to be the iso but I didn't have a disk. The standalone installer is an option after clicking download on readiness tool download, to run it without downloading it. But I did download the msi file since then and I got the same response. "This update is not applicable to your computer."

I will get a disk since it has to be the iso file. Thanks for your patients I'm ready to give up. I have a Gateway netbook that I bought to replace the Acer, so I have something to use.

Hi Seventh,
I see what you mean about the exe file/download. I've never seen the exe download before and just thought it was the iso that was available.. So don't worry about downloading the iso as it's the same as the exe file, my apologies. So this still leaves the question why it won't update, can you check the event log and see if there is an error code?

In the meantime have you tried running the update readiness tool as administrator? (also make sure your getting the correct version for your set up 64bit)

Hi, I checked windows update and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932) was there so I clicked and it downloaded and installed. So I guess I now have SP1 but it still crashes when trying to apply Aero. Not that I need it, but it doesn't seem right that it crashes. I was able to connect to the internet and watch a short YouTube video.

Ok well we are starting to get somewhere at least.. :) One thing I noticed when looking at your driver support page was the graphics driver looked slightly older than the version your using. Try updating using the drivers found here:
Aspire 5732Z
http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
(looks like you will have find the drivers yourself as the support page is a page within a page. Just look for an Aspire 5732Z 64 Bit drivers.

As I mentioned before if the above fails try the Intel driver update utility:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Use the link I gave above and then search for your laptop. Change the driver menu so it's for Windows 7 64 bit like so:
driversaspire_zps590c3554.jpg

I got this error trying both of them.
"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer.
Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer's manufacturer.
Setup will now exit."
Odd since I got them from Acer.
The intel driver update utility did not come up with any drivers.

Can you look in Device manager for me and take a screenshot thanks.

Back