Windows 7 BSOD analysis Vista/7

TorrentG

Banned
Hi. I have some free time on my hands and I am excellent bsod analyst and solution finder. I was on this site many months to a year ago and I think Ian or another mod messaged me about a bsod section. Well, I'm ready when you guys are to do this. I'm sure I can get other bsod analysts over here as well to start the community.

So basically, let's get it going!

Hi,
welcome to the forum.. We certainly welcome the support!

Hey, thank you very much as it's appreciated! Ya, I really think that having a dedicated section for dealing with bsod would be in the best interest of the site and its users. It would lead more people seeking help to here and it would be easier for us as analysts to do what we do.

Since I noticed you do bsod analysis too Kemical, do you have any opinions on this leaning towards either way?

Hmm.... I'm not too sure we actually need a dedicated area but I'll certainly put the idea across at the next meeting. We do have several forum users who help out in this field with the user ickymay perhaps being the most prominant in this area. As I said above tho', all are welcome and we really do appreciate forum users helping out.. :)

Hello, Torrent, and welcome to the forums. I believe you may be thinking of a different forum - however, your skills and expertise and very much welcome here. As for creating an entire forum for blue screens, I do not believe there is a need at this time. Many of these posts regarding blue screens, can be found using the search functions, as well as the tags search. Since we now auto-tag all posts, many blue screen problems will be tagged automatically either as "blue screen" or "bsod". This makes them easy to find and to search on. If you want to help out, you need only to message those who are having difficulties and post in their threads. If you know the cause of many of the error codes, you can be very useful on the website to those people. We cannot create a superthread either, since every instance, as you know, has its own set of parameters and problems. Each individual dealing with a blue screen has his/her own set of hardware, software, drivers, and utilities. Therefore, it is best that these are kept as individual posts, many of which can be found given the scenario: Whether it is a blue screen after installing new hardware, installing Windows, or an unspecified problem in the Windows 7 Support forum. I hope that this satisfies your question for now, it is great to have you on the site, and I look forward to hearing more ideas from you as time goes on. If it becomes appropriate to create this forum, we will probably conduct a vote to see if people are truly demanding one.

Hello !!

I think what TorrentG is meant is a forum like "Crash and Debugging" where OP's can asked help for all kind of Issues like application crashes, BSOD etc. like we have for Software, Graphics etc. I Kinda like that idea !! :razz:

- Captain

Welcome aboard! :D
There's few members here who provide BSOD support, surprisingly.
However, the main ones are:
  • Captain Jack
  • ickymay
  • trouble
  • Myself

Hmm.. That's all I can think of now, though I know there's a few others.

Thank you for the welcome guys! And yes, Captain Jack is correct about what I had in mind. Basically, a part of the forum where bsod, crashes, freezes and the like can be exclusively concentrated on.

I'd like to take the opportunity to invite any and all analysts over to http://www.w7forums.com for the brand new BSOD, Crash and Debug section created today.

Crashes, BSODs and Debugging

I'm anticipating some traffic there because of this and would definitely enjoy seeing you guys make some awesome posts as well.

...and as I was saying, just thought it'd be really cool to have something like that going here. Catch you guys around. :)

Back
Top Bottom