Windows 7 BSOD at startup, BSOD at SAFE MODE too

ninty07

[SOLVED] BSOD at startup, BSOD at SAFE MODE too

As the description in the title states, I am having problems booting into windows normally and also when trying to start in SAFE MODE.

The last time I was logged in, my PC went into BSOD, restarted and now I get the BSOD everytime now.
I haven't installed any new hardware recently and have had no problems with any of the automatic updates (any category) as far as I know.

I have tried using the system recovery options but I don't have any system restore points. Would anyone know how I could get windows to boot into SAFE MODE so I could fix the problem from there?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

EDIT:

This is the BSOD error message I got when trying to boot normally.

Code:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x80786B58, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

EDIT 2:

It turned out to be a faulty partition/ hard drive. I had to reinstall Windows 7 again on another unused partition on another hard drive. I came to the conclusion that it was the cause because I had been having problems with the HDD for quite some time now. If there was ever a major fault with the system, or a corruption of files, it usually ended up being the Samsung HDD. I guess it finally just died!
The HDD was detectable in the BIOS, but that's as far as it got.

Oh well, these things happen. I completely formatted and repartitioned the Samsung HDD using Paragon Hard Disk Manager Professional 2009. When I was able to use the HDD again, it gave me more boot errors.

But not to worry, I'll figure the rest out.

ninty07

Last edited:
Back